Chapter 10

Sasuke wasn't the same since that day. He had reoccurring nightmares about losing Naruto. He would wake up in a cold sweat, yelling the blond's name.

It had been almost two weeks since he last went to the hospital.

Sasuke was terrified to go back. He had never felt so.. useless. There was nothing he could do for the one he loves, who laid motionless in the hospital bed.

Itachi had been to the hospital a few times, and had tried everything he could to get the younger to raven to join him. He had assured his younger brother time and time again that everything would be okay.

But, Sasuke wasn't hearing any of it. He was haunted by the sound of the heart monitor flat lining. It didn't help that no matter how many times he tried, he couldn't find Naruto's ghost either. All of the places he had seen him before.. Naruto never showed up again. This only broke Sasuke's spirit further.

The last straw was when Sasuke thought he saw Naruto at his window again the same night Naruto's heart stopped. The image that he had memorized of his love staring out in thought, was soon shattered. Sasuke had woken up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, cold sweat, and tears streaming down his face. He glanced up to what he thought was Naruto at his window.

He reached up as if to try to grab the blond's hand, but paused. Naruto had slowly turned to look at the raven, the usual smile on his face, gone. Without another word, Naruto had disappeared and never came back. Sasuke spent the entire night crying to himself as he whispered his loves name over and over again.

'Naruto, I'm so sorry'

He would give anything he could to hear his voice again... to see his radiant smile again.

Sasuke had isolated himself from anyone and everything. He was a walking shell of his former self. He had always had a stand-off personality, but this was even worse. Sasuke had barely spoken a word to even Kiba and Shikamaru. His grades were slowly starting to slip, he showed up late to his classes more and more, and he started to sit alone at lunch.

Sasuke wasn't Sasuke without Naruto.

Sasuke had stopped infront of the hospital several times in those 2 weeks when he was walking home, but he could never get the courage to go up and see the blond. He cursed himself for being so weak, but did nothing about it beyond that.

Sasuke just didn't have anything left to give. He had no motivation for anything, no reason to wake up in the mornings. He wasn't sure what he was doing with his life at this point. Sasuke had just given up.

**

"I tried to get him to come. He just.." Itachi trailed off as he spoke with the boys in the room. 

"He's a fucking coward" Gaara spit back.

"I hate to say it, but I have to agree with you." Kiba frowned at Gaara, but more so because he knew the redhead was right.

"Take me to school tomorrow. I want to see him." Naruto stared directly at all 4 of the others, to show he was serious.

Naruto had been awake in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. The last thing he had remembered before he woke up, was the sound of Sasuke's voice whispering in his ear. But when he woke up, Sasuke was nowhere around. I'm fact, Sasuke hadn't visited once since Naruto woke up. To put his feelings into words.. Naruto was fucking pissed.

He had been asking the 4 in his room about Sasuke the entire time. Gaara never said a word as he did not like the young Uchiha. Kiba and Shikamaru always just kind of shrugged, and Itachi was tired of coming up with excuses. They all knew that Sasuke should have come by now. It was obvious he was running, but from what, no one knew. No one had even told Sasuke that Naruto was awake.