chapter thirteen: okay, she's a problem

"When faced with difficulties, I know you tend to face them alone. That's why I've decided to handle them all for you!"

013: okay, she's a problem

xxxx

"One, two, three, chin up, push your left hand out to the right," Hoseok loudly announced, studying his movements in the mirror. Three of his classmates watched from a few paces back as he gave them a step-by-step demonstration of the choreography their teacher had shown them just a few minutes ago.

He balled up his hand into a fist before swinging it around, turning his body to follow it as if he were using it as a guide. Spinning around entirely, he bent to the floor and swept his leg against the ground as if he were trying to trip someone before getting onto both of his knees. Getting back up, he rolled his shoulders in a few circles and crossed his right arm over his left to stretch his arms.

"That's the last section before the ending. The ending is the hardest part so I suggest making sure you have everything one hundred percent down before even attempting to learn it," Hoseok said to his classmates, giving them a smile. It was Monday once again and his test had gone well. Needless to say, Hoseok was in a great mood.

The two girls whispered something to each other while the only other boy in the group spoke up.

"You're seriously the best, Hoseok-ssi," Eunwoo commented. "She only just demonstrated and showed us each part quickly. We weren't even supposed to learn it until tomorrow. How did you memorize it so quickly?"

"Oh, I'm not sure. It just takes a bit of practice but I'm glad I could be of help. I've got a shift to catch though so I best be on my way," Hoseok replied. The day was already almost over. He had went to all of his classes and since dance ended early, his classmates had asked if he could show them the parts. Hoseok was kind of like the captain/leader of the class. The teacher always chose him to demonstrate and he was known for his amazing ability to memorize movements.

"Can I speak to you in private for a few minutes, Hoseok-ssi?" Daehyun asked him. Hoseok nodded in response, waving good-bye to the other two who waved at them and slipped out of the exit. Hoseok grabbed his backpack, swinging it over his shoulder before turning to face her.

"What did you want to speak about, Daehyun-ssi?"

"Ah, u-uhm..I think you're really cool, Hoseok-ssi. I was wondering if you wanted to--uhm, to--be friends! Yeah! Would you want to hang out with me on Saturday. I was hoping we could go ice skating since my parents own an ice skating rink nearby. We could meet up at nine, if that works for you?"

Hoseok smiled at her, immediately relaxing her nerves. He wasn't the type to turn down anyone. Plenty of classmates had asked him to hang out, since he never refused, he was able to meet most of the students and become friends with them.

"Yeah, that sounds fun. Then, I'll give you my number and you can send me the address! I'm looking forward to hanging out with you, Daehyun-ssi."

"Oh! Now that we're friends, can you call me Daehyun-ah or drop honorifics?"

"Of course. You can as well too then."

Daehyun smiled brightly at him, throwing her arms around his neck. Hoseok jumped at the contact, eyes shutting closed out of fear. He peaked one eye opened and tried to calm down. He shouldn't be so jumpy anymore. Returning the hug, he carefully wrapped his arms around her waist.