c h a p t e r 1

hiii, please read my note at the end of this chapter, thank you! :D

----------

 June (5 months earlier)

  "Mom! I know, yeah, I'll call you later, okay?" I whisper-shout to my phone trying to be as silent as possible so I wouldn't bring anyone's attention in the street. She argues more and I ended up hitting the end button as my mouth lets out an exhausted and stressed sound, after that, I put my phone in the back of my jean's pocket.

  I walk up towards the café, opening the door as it makes a clinking sound from the bell placed on top of it. The strong aroma of coffee beans suddenly welcomes me as it fills in through my nostrils.

  The café wasn't really crowded nor was it empty, there was an old man reading a newspaper with another person that looks like his wife, drinking a coffee and at the other table was a woman that was about 30 years old with a laptop on her lap, and a hot cappuccino on her table.

  Heading straight to the kitchen, I push the door with the sign 'Staff Only' on it, and three of my friends/co-workers awaits me there; Kathleen, Charlene, and Anthony.

  "Tanya! Good morning," One of my co-workers, Kathleen cheerfully greets me with a smile, me returning it.

  "Morning," I say as I grab the apron that has my name on it from the coat rack.

  I put the apron over my head, tying the two strips of the line at the back. "You're early today," Charlene, my most close friend in work jokingly states out, her mouth formed into a smirk. She grabs a rolling pin and starts rolling it on the dough on the counter.

  "Hey, that's mean. I don't always arrive here late ya'know." I half lie. It's true though; I really am not the type of person who slacks off at work and do nothing.

  "Sure," She rolls her eyes and then laughs, me scoffing but soon joining her laughter. "Anyways, I'm going to go back to work now. You should, too. Now, shoo, I need to continue making my delicious masterpiece." Charlene commands, sprinkling some flour on the dough as she continues to knead it.

  Anthony, however, stays silent as he just puts some freshly-baked pastries onto a tray and organizes it formally.

  Shaking my head, a small smile still plastered on my face, I walk out of the room and go to the cash register.

  Seeing that a tall customer that was about my age was already waiting in the line patiently, I go there quickly.

  I nearly fall on the slippery floor that must have been mopped not so long ago. Mumbling a 'Good Gracious', I steady myself with the help of the counter, my cheeks flushed as I look at the customer.

  "Good Morning! I'm sorry for my clumsiness and if it took quite long, but anyways, may I take your order?" I ask, also apologizing for almost tripping (which was also really embarrassing). I take my notepad out from the pocket of the apron and the person speaks, his voice deep.

  "It's fine," He chuckles, continuing. "Uh, May I order one medium hot mocha latte, and one plain croissant?" He says, and by his accent, I could tell he's British.

  "Are you British or something?" I absentmindedly ask him and he nods.

  "Yeah, I am, why?" He replies, and it took me a minute to realize that I had just asked him if he's 'British or something'.

  Embarrassed, I stutter. "Oh. Nothing, it's just that your accent sounded British-ish and yeah, sorry. But, okay, one medium hot mocha latte and one plain croissant it is. Name?" 

  Wait, what? British-ish? God, Tanya. I really don't know why I'm acting like this, to be honest. Maybe it's because of how green his eyes are, or how attractive those curly hair of his are? Was I checking him out, the reason why I find his features and him so attractive? Am I considered crazy for talking to myself and for drooling over a stranger that I don't even know?

  Snapping out of my thoughts I hear him chuckle lightly, and I assume it's because of my silly words. "Harry, name's Harry." He smiles warmly and I write the name on the paper.

  Harry.

  What a simple and ordinarily classic name, yet it calms me for hearing his voice coming out from his perfectly-shaped lips. It feels like I had known him for my whole life when the truth is that I have not.

  And you know what? I unfortunately have no idea why.   

----------
a/n

guys! i know this chapter sucks so bad and i really am sorry for that, but i promise you that it gets better and better the closer we get to the preface part, i've got ideas partying in my head, woot. 

i'm also sooo sorry for not updating for YEARS (lol) i know i said i'll update wednesday but our internet unfortunately got cut off the time i was about to click 'Save & Publish' (sucks, i know) and then there came school, hating on me and making me suffer for no reasons, so yup, sorry!

lassstlyyy, please comment on what your thoughts are for this chapter because i really appreciate reading them (even though i really didn't get many comments on the last chapter i really appreciated them and yesh.)

please do:

-vote
-follow
-comment
-add to le library

yay, ilysm. xx