c h a p t e r 5

blessing you with a freshly-haircut harry im crying bec do you ever just "when manips get real lol i hate myself bye world"

this was poorly written, i'm so sorry. do my old readers still have this in their library? if you do, then ohmygosh i love you?

p.s. please read the note at the end. thank you! x

---------- 

  I wake up with beads of sweat on my forehead, my eyes adjusting to the place where I'm at. It took me a few seconds to realize that I was lying on Charlene's couch and that the 'previous' event that I had encountered was just a dream.

I breathe out a sigh of relief.

I stayed lying on the couch for a few more seconds before finally deciding to stand up and head over to the door of her room.

"Charlene?" I call out, a yawn escaping my mouth involuntarily as I rub my eyes, trying to lessen the sleep in it.

Turning the knob, I meet a sleeping Charlene that was sprawled on her bed, taking most space up. I wouldn't blame her that her mattress is actually pretty cozy and hey, I sleep like her almost most of the time, too.

I didn't want to disturb her from her deep slumber, so I decide to write her a note instead, thanking her for letting me stay and that I had to go home soon because I didn't want my mother to give me one of her long, same old lecture, plus, I didn't want to be shouted at again with my head still slightly spinning from last night.

And I do just that.

-

Once I was inside our house, my heart instantly fastened with its beat. It felt as if the dream of mine was repeating, only for it to be happening in reality this time.

The living room was all messed up, shattered pieces of bottled beers scattered on the floor, and dirty clothes messily sprawled on our couch, my hands begin to sweat. My mom likes to keep things neat and proper, this wasn't like her.

What really caught my eye, though, was the red substance stained on our carpet.

Kneeling down to further probe the dark liquid, I notice a bit more droppings trailing up to her room. Of course, out of all places, it had to stop at her wooden door. I suddenly feel like being in a crime scene, and I'm barely fond of the idea.

Standing up, I reluctantly drag my feet to my mother's bedroom before turning to face the same door that appeared in my dream. There wasn't any sign of the stupid hanging frame that I saw in my sleep.

Besides, who would put such thing as that? It was too obvious that something fishy would be going on behind the other side of the wall.

I had pressed my right ear on it for quite a while, trying to observe if there were any odd sounds coming from the other side, and fortunately, there weren't. Still, I wasn't convinced, so I carefully turn the knob and open the door revealing a sleeping mom, or so I thought.

Walking to the side of her bed, I stood with eyes wide open, mouth agape. "O-oh my god!" I back away until my back hits the wall, hand flying to my mouth, tears filling my eyes. "Jesus Christ! M-mom? What the fu—I...I... oh my,"

There was blood all over the bedsheets.

Fighting my nerves, I run back to her, shaking her rapidly. "Wake up! Mom... please," I cried, hugging her body close to mine.

Her face remained impassive, my heart wrenching. "M-mom! Wake up!" I whimpered, falling to the ground.

"Wha—Tanya, what are you doing here?" My eyes shoot open, meeting my mother's sleepy face.