c h a p t e r 2

The day ended by quickly (which was pretty surprising) with me doing the same routine I have: wake up, eat, shower, go to work, eat, go home, eat, shower, sleep, and repeat. Now, I was going to go back home. I went to the kitchen, removing the apron on me as I put it where it belonged; on the coat (well, more of apron) rack.

  I say a quick goodbye to my friends, walking out of the kitchen and the café. I look up at the sky and see that it was starting to get darker and darker as time passed by. I hurriedly walk to my car, sitting on the driver seat and starting the engine with my car keys.

  Driving back to my house, my phone starts ringing. I grab it and look at the Caller I.D. Mom. Ugh, she's been calling me since I left the house. "Mom," I sigh, after swiping to the answer button.

  "Tanya Mae! I had been calling you since morning, you told me you would call back, and you didn't." She complains, making me sigh again. I'm 100 percent sure that a conversation between us has never been completed without one of us sighing or arguing and it really is pretty tiring.

  "Mom, I texted, telling I couldn't call back until my shift ends, today has been busy," I reply as I make a left.

  "Whatever," She ends the call, making my blood boil. What the hell? Never did I ever think that my mom would be so childish over a small problem.

  I guess I got really annoyed because I'm not at the destination I was supposed to arrive to. Instead, I was in this place again—the place that always made me calm and relaxed, the place where I always go to when I have too much problems handling and when I feel I couldn't take them all anymore, I go here, the place that me and my father discovered ages ago.

  Letting out a sigh, I remove the keys from the engine; I get out of my car, not forgetting to lock it. I look up at the sky again, and this time, the sky was now completely dark and the sun has set, leaving the moon shine magnificently. 

  I move my legs toward the swing that was connected to the huge tree, slowly remembering me and my father's memories. A memory quickly flashes of me and my dad sat on the two swings, him talking to me and making me laugh in any ways; tickling me, making jokes, or just stating laughable statements.

  Later then, I was now breaking into sobs, sniffs, and tears. If only I were to have a wish, it was him to be here with me and my mom. If only he didn't have to—

  "Tanya?" A voice says, and my eyes immediately jolt open, widening.

  "Wh-who's there?" I stutter, scanning the place. Who could that be, and how the hell did that person find this place when it is secretly hidden and suddenly knows my name, like seriously, right?

  I hear a few more rustling in the bushes, and the figure finally stands in front of me, I couldn't help but widen my eyes more and cover my mouth in shock. "Harry?"

  "Hey," He greets, coolly.

  "What the what? How did you find me—well, this place, a-and, how could you know my name like, what? And how could you act so cool as if you knew I would be here?" I was bombarding him with questions and I am still seriously confused, yet overwhelmed by seeing him here.

  "Woah, wait I'll answer your questions one by one," He laughs softly, and I look at him weird. "Okay, so, I'm just clearing this out, I'm not stalking you, if that's what you thought," He winks cheekily, and I feel myself blush.

  "Okay...So how did you find this place?" I ask, and he raises his finger, signalling that he wasn't yet done and that I had accidentally cut him. Apologizing quietly, he continues.

  "Anyway, I had found this place two months ago when I moved in this town, and let's say, I was exploring since I wasn't still too familiar, because, I just moved, I mean, that makes sense right?" He smiles softly at me. That explains why it feels like I haven't seen him around here too much when I met him in the café, but why did it felt as if I had known him?