TWO

"Nine, WHAT?" I asked as Sungho dashed to one of the houses within our walls, "I don't know! KB said he killed someone outside the walls because they shot Nine who was being attacked by one of their comrades from down below. He's tending to him right now in the living room of our home and wanted me to bring supplies from our mini hospital to him."

"How do you know this?" I continued as I followed Sungho into the house that we kept all our medicines and what not, "A while after we separated to check the areas, I saw KB running with Nine on his back and he yelled at me to get bandages and some pills to keep at the house for when he feels pain."

"Does that mean there's an enemy within our walls?" I felt my eyebrows knot together.

"I don't think so. If I'm correct, KB also said that Nine had been fighting on the other side of the wall and Nine came to him crawling since he was in too much pain to walk."

Sighing, I helped Sungho grab the things he needed to bring to Kyubin. With the phone that Kyubin had gave me, I called Junhyung, the only other person who had one.

"Yes, sir?"

"Junji, take over mine's and Rie's area. There's a bit of a problem that I'll discuss with you and the others later."

"Yessir!"

I end the call with him and run to our home together with Sungho.

Once we entered the house, we immediately saw Kyubin wiping away the excess blood that had came out of Wookjin's shoulder. It was clear that Wookjin had lost conscious due to shock.

"You're here. Quick, give me the bandages!"

Sungho gave him the bandages and Kyubin effortlessly wrapped it around Wookjin's shoulder. You can tell he was studying to be a doctor.

"I'll stay with him," Kyubin said.

Both Sungho and I nodded. Before we left to go back to defend the area we were assigned, I kneeled down to where Wookjin had been lying, and pushed his bangs away from his forehead to place a soft kiss. He was still a baby in my eyes, and all I wanted to do was protect him.

Sungho and I ventured out once again, and started to patrol the land around us.

We reached our assigned area and met up with Junhyung.

"So, what happened?"

"We'll discuss this after tonight, go back with Mill and Yoojung," I told him while shooing him off.

"You're so mean," Sungho playfully glared at me.

"Well, they're guarding the biggest piece of land within the walls. Junji was covering the streets, so to have him cover both that and our area would be too risky."

"Yet he did it-"

"Okay, okay, stop talking, we're on duty!"

Sungho rolled his eyes and in the blink of a second, he was gone in the shadows.

——

The next morning, I woke up to the weight that had been on my torso for the entire night being removed. Taeyeob had lifted his head from my chest that he was using as a pillow, and started getting off of the mattress we were sleeping on. The cold winter air started to replace the warmth that had once been on my body and seconds later, the sound of groaning erupted in the room. It wasn't him who was making the sound, but it was—

"My poor baby is in pain! Oh no, come here! Let me cradle you in my arms!"

I then sat up from where I was lying down and saw Taeyeob making his way to Wookjin who had been resting with us in the living room. Currently, he was definitely not resting. Taeyeob had Wookjin's head on his lap as he lightly pats his head, "It's okay my precious, little baby, it's okay."

It's funny how serious he is right now.

"Wookjin, stay still, I'll get Kyubin."

"Not like I plan on moving."

I rushed upstairs to the room where Kyubin was currently sleeping in. The rest of them were all over him, except for Junhyung, who was sprawled on the couch in the room next to them. Yongsoo was using Kyubin's left arm as a pillow, and Sungho was cuddling with his right arm.

"Bin! Kyubin! Kyubin-bin!" I whisper-shouted. Yongsoo woke up to my attempts trying to wake up Kyubin, "What are you-"

"Shin Kyubin! Wookjin is in P-A-I-N!" I yelled, finally waking up not only my target, but Sungho too, "Please come downstairs to help him."

"You're really funny for pulling that off early in the morning, don't you think?" Kyubin yawned.

"Yes, now hurry! Wookjin was crying when I woke up because of the pain," I exaggerated a bit just to make Kyubin hurry. I helped him get out of the grasp of the young ones and start pushing him towards the door, "We have to hurry!"