Chapter 1: Happy Birthday!

Aleeza'sPOV

28 september

My phone rang at 12.00 exactly in the night. I picked up my phone without looking at the caller. "Hello!"

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, Happy birthday, dear Aleeza! Happy birthday to you!!!"

I couldn't believe my ears. It was him. It really was him!

"Hello? Aleeza? Are you there?"

"Yes yes. Thank you so much, Mohammad Ali!"

"So tell me, who was the first one to wish you?"

" Actually, you were. "

" Oh, so I had the honour to wish miss Doctor the first." Yes, he always called me "miss Doctor" because from an early age I wanted to become doctor and he always teased me saying I would not make it.

" So tell me, how are your studies going, miss Doctor?"

"Oye mister, don't forget that you are also studying medical."

"OK ok, fine. But seriously, how are your studies going?"

"Alhamdulillah, very good."

"Don't need any help from senior doctor?"

" You are just one year older than me, so don't feel yourself a BIG doctor."

"The truth is truth, I will always be your senior, you can't change it."

"Unfortunately not."

"But, you know, if you need any help, I'm always here for you."

"Yeah, I know. By the way, when are you coming to Belgium?"

"Why would I tell you, you don't even care."

"And who told you I don't care?"

"I said"

"Ok fine, I don't care. You know what, I'm just crazy to ask you."

" OK,sorry. I was just joking, don't get angry on your birthday."

"I"m tired, goodnight."

"Aleeza..."

I hung up the phone. I really couldn't stand this attitude of him. How could he even think I don't care. I mean we are best friends since childhood.

Whatever... I am going to sleep. I pulled my blanket over my head and closed my eyes and at that moment, my phone buzzed. I groaned and took my phone, a text from Muhammad Ali

I'm sorry :(

I smiled at his text. That's what I love about him, he can't stand when I'm angry at him. I put my phone at the sidetable and fell asleep.

7.30 A.M.

My alarm sounded. I stood up, went to the bathroom and took a shower. I came out, wearing a plain white blouse and a jeans, with a navy blue scarf. All of a sudden my family came in, singing "Happy birthday". Rania had a little cake in her hand and Sila a knife. They gave me both of it and I cut the cake. After that we all went downstairs and had breakfast.