Chapter 6: Engagement

I am ready. We're going to Zahra's house. Mushtaq uncle said he wants us to come over. I went to Zaroon's room and knocked on the door.

"Yes?"

I went in and he was standing there before his closet.

"Searching clothes?" I asked.

"Yes, can you please help me? I really don't know what to wear."

"Wait." I looked in his closet. After searching a bit, I took out a black shirt with a dark grey blazer and a matching pair of trousers.

"Tadaa! This is the perfect outfit!" I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Of course I'm sure! Now go and change!" I said. He went to the washroom and came out wearing his clothes and sunglasses.

"So? Is this okay?"

"Of course! You're looking very handsome, don't worry."

"I hope Mushtaq uncle won't have ant problem with me..." He said.

"Don't worry, Zaroon. If he would have any problem, he would have told it. Everything is going to be fine." I reassured him.

"Thank you Aleeza."

"Zaroon, why are you thanking me?"

"If you wouldn't talk to Zahra, I would never dare to talk to her. Thank you so much." He hugged me tightly when someone opened the door.

"Zaroon, come on..." Muhammad Ali came in and stopped talking when he saw us.

"Ooh, so cute!" He said in a small voice.

"Oh shut up!" Zaroon said.

"You don't have to be jealous on our perfect relation." I said sticking out my tongue.

"Excuse me, I am not jealous." He said.

"Okay okay. We believe you." Zaroon said.

"Now come on. Uncle is calling you guys. We are going to leave."

We followed him downstairs and everything was waiting in the living room.

"There you are. Come on, we have to leave. We can't be late." Papa said.

"Sorry, I was getting ready." Zaroon said.

We left and arrived there 5 minutes later. I rang the bell and Mushtaq uncle opened the door.

"Assalam o alaikum uncle!" I said.

"Walaikum assalam Aleeza!" He patted me on my head and greeted papa and Zaroon. I went inside and greeted aunty.

"Aunty, is Zahra upstairs?"

"Yes beta, she has been waiting for you."

"Okay, I'll go." I went upstairs and opened Zahra's door.

"Hi, bhabhi ji!" (sister in law) I teased her.

"Oh, Aleeza. There you are, I have been waiting for you." Zahra said.

"I'm sorry, I had to help Zaroon with choosing his clothes."

"Now you also have to help me. I really don't know what I have to wear."

She said.

"Okay, let's have a look." I looked in her closet.

"This one!" I took out a red pakistani dress.

"Are you sure? I mean, isn't that too red?"

"Yes Zahra, I'm sure. Thus dress isn't too casual and not too fancy. And Zaroon really likes red." I told her. She turned red.