chapter 11

few months later*

everything was going smooth between Eva and I. we went on dates more often mostly with her friends, I traveled all over the city with her and I couldn't be more happier. it was now June holidays so I had one more day left in the big city then I would have to travel down to the rurals to see my grandmother.

it's 7am and I'm looking for an outfit to wear for the day. I'm going out with Eva just to say my goodbyes.

the weather is a bit chilly so I opt for an all black tracksuit outfit with my red sneakers. my phone rings disrupting me, I look at the caller ID and it's mandisa.

phone conversation*

me: hey boo

mandisa: hey sweets you good?

me: I'm okay just frustrated, I don't know what to wear

mandisa: girl you know Eva doesn't mind what you wear, your presence is all that matters

me: wow how romantic friend

we both laugh

mandisa: don't do anything I wouldn't do

me: what is it that you wouldn't do exactly

mandisa: heyiii wena listen to me hawu
she laughs

me: oh my you're so dramatic

mandisa: I know boo but you love me anyways

me: sadly I do

mandisa: lool enjoy your date friend, don't forget to bring me take aways

me: haa with what money

mandisa: haiibo we both know Eva is loaded

me: so? it's her money

mandisa: and yours too

me: unbelievable

I say dramatically clapping my hands laughing. I drop the call and go back to picking my outfit.

by the way, I decided to cut off Kim as a friend a few weeks ago. she was really making me uncomfortable and giving me psycho vibes so now it's been me and mandisa since then.

the time is now 10am and I'm about to walk out the house when Eva calls me

phone conversation*

me:hey

Eva: hey where you at?

me: I'm on my way to catch a taxi

Eva: okay cool I'm waiting for you by burger King

me: I'll be there in 10 minutes

Eva: ayt

10 minutes later I'm outside burger King and I spot her standing next to a car busy fidgeting on her phone

"hey you" I say tapping her shoulder to get her attention. she turns around and a smile forms from her face. "I almost thought weren't coming" she says bringing me to her warm embrace

me: I'm sorry

Eva: it's okay get in

she says opening the door for me

30 minutes later we arrive at gold reef city and I can’t help but get excited, it’s my first time being here. We get out of the car and it leaves and it’s just me and her now.
We walk inside and it’s most beautiful place I’ve ever being in, we opt to catch a movie but the lady at the counter insists that we’re underage and we can’t watch the specific movie we want so we decide to leave that. We play games for a few hours and win some goodies then we settle down at a restaurant and feed our hunger. In overall we have so much fun being in each other’s company.
Around 5pm she calls the driver to come pick us up and while we wait we take a few pictures, the excitement on my face was evident because these were our first pictures together.

The driver arrives and drops us off somewhere around her neighborhood.

Me: haiibo and then?

Eva: come with me

She says giving me her hand to hold. I place my hand in hers and she gives me a tour of her neighborhood and I am in love with the nature around us. We walk to a beautiful secluded area full of green.

Eva: I know it’s late but I had to bring you here because I know how much you love the sight of nature

My hands cover my mouth, I am in aware, this place is shockingly beautiful, it’s quiet, no one is around but I know I’m safe with Eva around.

The light of the day slowly fades, I check the time and it’s 6pm. It’s winter so it’s understandable why it’s suddenly get dark so soon

She brings her face closer to me and gives me wet kisses on my neck sending shivers down my spine, she cups my face bringing her lips into mine and they dance together, her right hand moves to my waist finding its way to untie the string of my pants and all the way down she reaches my soaking wet underwear, I am panting, breathing heavily I’m nervous I have never been intimate before. Luckily she notices and locks her eyes with mine, they are bloodshot red and super small, she’s definitely horny. “it’s okay I won’t do anything to you right here” she says in almost a whisper, I try to speak but she pecks my lips and says “let me take you home it’s late I don’t want you get into trouble with your mom” I nod and she stops a taxi for me and off I go and so does she.
I let out a huge sigh trying to catch my breath and shake off this tingly feeling I have in my chest.

I get home and the lights are on, shit my mom is back from wherever she left to. I use my key to open the burglar door and walk in.
“hey ma” I say walking shamelessly towards the couch. She’s watching TV

Mom: is this the time to come home Zola?

Me: no ma I’m sorry, there was traffic on the way home so that’s why I’m late

Mom: why didn’t you leave earlier knowing that there was going to traffic around this time

I mentally roll my eyes

Me: I’m sorry ma

I say walking to my room throwing myself on to the bed. I take out my phone from my bag and a text comes through from Eva.

“home safe?”

I smile and open the text

“yeah sure, my mom is upset but she’ll be fine. How bout you?”

“I’m sorry babe, but I’m home safe too”

I sent a heart and undress and take a shower because I couldn’t sleep with a wet underwear.

Following day I am packing the last few clothes in my suitcase, honestly I don’t want to leave but I also need to see my grandma I’ve missed her.

My bus leaves at 7:30pm so my mom and I go out to eat lunch and buy a few things then come back home and prepare to leave to the bus station

Immediately after walking in and finding my seat in the bus, a text comes through from Eva

“I can’t believe you’re really leaving, I’m si heartbroken” she puts crying emojis and I can’t help but feel sad as well

“I’m sorry babe but I’ll be back in 2 weeks and we’ll be together I promise”

“I love you” she responds

“I love you more”

I put my phone on battery save mode and sink to my chair accepting the fact that I will be on the road for the next 10 hours.