OO8

why do authors feel the need to make characters who have bucket loads of trauma that will probably never be properly explained or shown to the fans lgbtq+?

like will byers was stuck in the upside down and he only saw what, one scene of him in it in season one?

then they go ahead and give mike that line that confirms he atleast doesn't like girls.

( also i'd like to add that that doesb't necessarily mean he's gay as he could be aro or demi either )

and being so in the 1980s must have been confusing, terrifying and probably left him feeling like more of a freak than he did coming out of the upside down and having people call him zombie boy, ect.

also like nico.

my guy was kidnapped and nearly died, went to tartarus and probably almost went insane and almost died, lost the majority of his biological family at ten only to find himself related to the outcast god, the god who ruled the fucking underworld.

and bruh like

imagine growing up in Italy 1938? the religious trauma. went from a time where his marriage wasn't legal to a time where people actually cared and accepted. he must've been confused, overwhelmed, probably more.

like he may never know if his mother or friends from his time would've ever accepted his sexuality. It probably fucking haunts him.

i am going to stop bc i am near tears 👍 goodmorning fam