𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐝?

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

The evening autumn breeze hurled around the Pothier family as they all walked peacefully towards their destination. With a basket of food and blanket in the hands of Mrs. Potheir, a sketchbook and pencil held by Y/n. The family was headed to their first social gathering, to Y/n's dismay she wasn't quite fond of this invite. She was anxious as she was still new to this town, thoughts of forming new friendships tensed her stomach. She had hoped Anne and Diana would be attending as they were the only company she enjoyed (aside from her family).

As I made my way up the hill, I gaze upon the scenery in front of me. Young girls and boys running alongside each other; giggling around the field, parents scattered everywhere mingling amongst one another; forming small talk about their daily life.

I stood still, hands cuffed placed on top of my forehead; blocking out the bright light that shone my eyes. Glancing my focus for the sight of brunette and redhead's company. Removing my hand from its position, I sighed quietly as my shoulder slump down in disappointment. As I was about to walk away, I felt a soft tap on my shoulder; turning around I was met by Gilbert Blythe.

"Hello Y/n, it's nice to see you again" the dark hair boy smiled kindly while creating eye contact with you.

"Gilbert, um it's nice to you too, by any chance have you seen Anne and Diana?" I spoke while averting my eyes away from his.

"I can't say I have, sorry".

"oh, well it's no problem. I'll leave you alone now".

"WAIT NO, i-i um I don't mind having you here" Gilbert timidly confesses as he extends his arm behind his head-scratching it in embarrassment.

I stopped in my tracks, taking in what the boy behind me had just said. The only reason I had told him that was because I wanted to find Anne and Diana not be left alone with someone I had no intentions of talking too but here he was standing still, waiting patiently for me to answer to his response.

Turning around slowly, locating my eyes towards his. "did you miss me already?" I answered, walking closer; teasing him slightly. "I suppose I do" Gilbert chuckles as he removes his arm from behind.

Rolling my eyes at his response, I gestured my hand for him to follow me. If he wanted me to accompany him, I wasn't going to stand there in silence; it was awkward.

The boy took notice of her movements, jogging lightly and quickly catching up to the girl. They stood side by side to each other, their arms brushing lightly once in a while none of them really taking any notice.