𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

It was a quiet afternoon. The wind didn't hurl like usual but relocated itself into a calm motion, peacefully breezing from one place through another.
Though it was quiet, laughs and talks could be heard all the from the Blythe house.

"one time back home, my sister and I were at a park and there was a pond. The pond had rocks that you could cross to get to the other side, so I walked from rock to rock. But I ended up falling in the water instead." You laughed explaining your embarrassing story to Gilbert.

Before this, you tried to avoid the subject away from his father into something that was more light hearted. You didn't want Gilbert to bathe into a slump of depressive thoughts but instead wanted to see him smile again.

"oh that is pretty bad." Gilbert replied as his face scrunched up from your story.

"it's all in the past now, but what about you? do you have any embarrassing or funny stories?."

Gilbert thought to himself. His eyes averted to the right side as he tried to remember any stories that would bring a laugh. Yet sadly he couldn't think of any but one. Gilbert's expression dramatically changed, as his smile was now turned upside down.

You noticed quickly that Gilbert's mood had changed and no longer was he content but as if he was back from where he started.

"are you okay?"

"yeah" it took Gilbert a few seconds to answer you.

"its just whenever I felt miserable or embarrassed about something, my dad would always make me his special soup to cheer me up. Just thinking about that brought back some really good memories." Gilbert explained as he smiled, rethinking of that same story over and over in his head.

You felt bad that you stirred Gilbert about thinking of his father, that was the only thing you tried to avoid him from. You didn't want him to get sad again.

"I bet that soup was pretty delicious" You replied not knowing what to say.

"it was very delicious" Gilbert chuckled lightly. 

"Y/n?" Gilbert quietly spoke as his slowly brought his eyes to you.

"yes?"

"thank you."

"why are you thanking me for?" You stated as you looked over to him confused.

"thank you for cheering me up and staying with me." Gilbert says as his cheeks flushed a little pink.

"oh you don't need to thank me, it was nothing really."

"so this whole conversation was nothing then?"

"what, no that's not what i meant. you're twisting my words"

"i was only teasing y/n, i know what you meant"

you rolled your eyes in response at his foolish banter.

"i'm leaving" you said as you started to make your way out of your seat.

"was it because you couldn't handle my banters? Gilbert teased again as his brow lifted up.

"you're like a child Gilbert Blythe and children should have fun too." You said as you ran out the door.

The boy quickly grabbing his coat and following right after you.

———————————————————————————
wow i actually wrote an early chapter. i also didn't know what to title this chapter and i'm too lazy to edit this but will later👍🏻. also next chapter i actually have something planned for once, let's just hope i don't get lazy again. okay byeee