𝐓𝐚𝐥𝐤?

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

-ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

The sun had risen from its sleep; alerting everyone awake and ready for their day. Expect Y/n didn't want to wake up — but instead she wanted to sleep in or most specifically miss school.

Yesterday's incident she had with Gilbert, made her anxious to see him. Though it wasn't as if she had an attraction towards him because she didn't.

"Y/N!" Your mom yelled as she cupped her hands around her mouth.

You didn't move from your bed but instead went back to sleep.

"Y/N" your mom called once again, waiting for your response but didn't seem to get one.

As you laid peacefully in bed, eyes shut closed and mind slowly drifting back to sleep was suddenly all interrupted by a loud shout.

"Y/N I THOUGHT YOU WERE GETTING READY!"

"I feel sick mom" you mumbled, your face covered by your pillows.

Your mom walked up to your bed, taking a seat, and placed her hand on your forehead, "you're not heating up."

"That's because the symptoms haven't kicked in yet" you nervously chucked, before rolling over.

"Y/n, get up. You're not sick"

"But mother I-"

Your mother stared down at you, arms crossed over her chest and head tilted to the side.

"I'll be ready in 10" you stated, getting up quickly and making your way towards the restroom.

"Make that 5"
————————————————————————
"I want everyone to practice their readings and tomorrow we will discuss it. You're all dismissed" Mr. Phillips announced before cleaning the chalkboard.

"Y/n! Anne and I are going to hang out wanna come?" Diana asked Anne right beside her.

"Sure" you replied, giving a slight smile as you packed your items in your bag.

The three of you walked down the stairs of the school, a voice called out to you.

"Y/N!"

You turned around to see who it was and no other was it Gilbert Blythe, the person who you wanted to avoid.

"Gilbert" you spoke, you awkwardly smiled, eyes moved to the side.

"I was wondering if we could talk, maybe?"

"Is that a statement or a question"

"A statement," Gilbert said, his posture straightened.

"Is it something important" your voice monotone.

"I guess not then" Gilbert replied, his arm extended behind his head, scratching it.

"Okay then," you said, turning and walking away.

"Gilbert, do you wanna hang out with us?" Diana questioned Gilbert as you stopped yourself from your steps and turned around.

Gilbert's eyes on Diana then right at yours but you quickly averted them someplace else.

"If you do come, you can talk to Y/n about what you wanted to tell her" Anne expressed to the boy in front of her.

"You don't have to come if you don't want too" you chimed in.

"Do you want me to come Y/n?"

"Your decision, not mine" you advised him, your shoulders shrugging.

"Okay, then I'll come." Gilbert smiled.

"Great" you mumbled, rolling your eyes and walking ahead of the group.