Ch 28: Confrontation Is Uncomfortable and Necessary

Morrigan had spent the past few nights on Owens couch. She appreciated his hospitality and in return made sure that she cooked all three meals for the two. He at first protested insisting that it wasn't necessary, but finally gave in when he realized that she wouldn't budge on the subject. Since their chat about Christmas, the topic hadn't been brought up. He knew that she needed her time and space to think without anyone else's opinion being thrown into the mix. 

At Grimmauld Place chaos erupted. Without Morrigan around to keep the peace or resolve conflicts, tensions were at a high. Molly grew frustrated with the twins pranks, Ron and Ginny bickered, Harry was sassier than usual, Hermione resolved to reading in her room all day, and Sirius moped around the house. Kreacher was the most impacted of all being especially rude to anyone who tried to bother him. 

The christmas holidays were ending and New Years Eve was fast approaching. Harry had finally decided that it was time to visit the pub. After telling Ron and Hermione his plan they agreed to follow, letting only the twins know where they would be disappearing to. Fred raised a brow at the trio, "Do you even know where it is?" 

"Down the road," Harry said confidently. 

"Which direction down the road?" George pressed with a smirk. Harry's face fell realising he didn't think through his plan. "When you leave the house turn left and walk straight down for about five or so minutes, it's called The Thirsty Badger." 

"Thank you," Harry said gratefully using his father's cloak to sneak out of the house. 

Morrigan was busy chatting to a young woman at the bar when the trio walked in, her eyes widened in surprise, "What are you lot doing here?" 

"Owen said he had some pictures of my mum to show me," Harry reasoned. 

"Let me go grab him," Morrigan said dashing into the back. 

Ron looked around the pub with an impressed look, "Not a bad place actually, I pictured it more like the leaky cauldron." 

Hermione leaned into him and spoke quietly, "Remember this is a muggle pub, be careful." 

He rolled his eyes, "Alright 'mione." 

Owen came into the main room with a book in his hands, "Good to see you guys." He greeted gesturing for them to follow him. He sat down in one of the booths in the back. "Sorry I would have us sit at the bar with Morrigan, but I can't really risk having anyone see these photos move." 

"It's alright," Harry said sincerely. "Is she okay? No one's really told us what's going on." 

"She's coping," Owen answered honestly, "I think you'd have to ask her yourself for more details though." He clapped his hands together, "Anyway's heres the photo album." He opened the front page and it became obvious that Mary had put a lot of effort in creating the book. As they flipped through the pages Owen explained each photo as though he had memorized it from Mary's perspective. He pointed out Mary and Lily's first Hogsmeade trip, their first formal together, the slug club dinners, watching quidditch on the sidelines. It was a detailed representation of the girls time at Hogwarts. Owen's breath hitched when he reached a page, quickly flipping it hoping the young kids didn't see the photo. 

Harry stopped him, "Was that Sirius?" 

Owen nodded, "Perhaps it would be best if I got Morrigan now." He quickly shuffled out of the booth and began talking to Morrigan. The trio watched from afar as the two adults peered over towards them. They saw her sigh and nod. She quickly excused herself from the customer and asked her to holler if she needed anything. 

Morrigan slid into the booth beside Owen. Harry had reopened the book and his eyes were focused on a picture of Sirius and Mary the two in a romantic embrace. Harry's brows furrowed, "Did you know that Sirius dated his sister?"