Ch 78: The Adventures We Missed

Sirius and Morrigan woke to a patronus entering the small cottage. The weasel moved around before the message rang out in the room. "The kids are at Grimmauld, we are all being watched. No casualties from the wedding. Find a safe house." 

Morrigan sighed, holding her head in her hands, "Find a safe house? Sure, let me look up them all up in the little pocket directory I have." 

"Where should we go?" He asked glancing at her. Her grey hair was in a tousled mess, covering the sides of her face. Her eyeliner and mascara had smudged under her eyes, and the dress she was wearing had inched up her legs slightly. 

"Doesn't Remus have a cottage somewhere?" Morrigan ran a hand through her hair, doing her best to think of locations, "Or we find Bill and Fleur." 

"Let's try Moony first," Sirius decided. He cast his patronus whispering to the dog before sending it out to Remus. 

Morrigan stood from her spot on the couch, "We should search the house, pack up what we can use. I'm sure they'll be tracking us so we shouldn't apparate straight to Remus's." 

Sirius followed her to her old bedroom, and was surprised to see its decor. Light pink coated the walls, in a sickly color that reminded him of bubblegum, the bed had bright white sheets, with frills and ruffles on its edges, much like the doilies his mum used for afternoon tea. A wide array of dolls and figurines were placed neatly on shelves, and a white armoire stood proudly in the corner. The entire room, however, was coated in a fine layer of dust. 

"This is your room?" He asked in disbelief. 

"When I was a child." Morrigan explained opening the white armoire and pulling out clothes, "I rarely returned, and if I did it was only for a few days before I went back to the Diggory's." 

"I was going to say, it looks..." 

"Like the most feminine person came in and threw up rainbows on the walls? Trust me I know."  Morrigan stated bitterly. 

Sirius frowned, "Morrigan, did I say something?" 

She shook her head, "Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just don't want to be here any longer than we have to." 

"I get it," he said gently. He looked over at the small pile of clothes, "let's get these things packed up and we'll go to Moony's." 

Taking the folded clothes, she placed them in a small backpack. She walked out of the room with Sirius trailing behind her. Not once did she look back. 

------------

It wasn't long before a wolf patronus confirmed the location of the cottage, allowing Morrigan and Sirius to begin their travels together. The two left her old house and walked to a small village Morrigan knew was nearby. They did so in silence, Sirius processing the events that took place the day before, the overwhelming high he felt dancing with the grey haired witch, before the devastation of knowing that they were well and truly at war. 

Morrigan on the other hand was exhausted, feeling as though she could never catch a break, preparing herself for the next stroke of bad luck that would inevitably come her way. As soon as they reached the village she turned to Sirius. "How good are you with glamour charms?" 

"I'm decent, why?" 

"I'm too recognizable," she held up her grey strands, "if anyone asks the villagers if they've seen us-" 

"We would be in danger," Sirius breathed out, understanding the consequences if caught. "Any color you'd prefer?" 

"Whatever you think would suit me," she shrugged, "it's only temporary."