-Chapter 7-

3rd POV

"How do we find Simon ?" Brunette asked, after a while walking on the roof of the hotel DuMort.

"He'll be in the most secure room in the building." Blondie responded, not even looking at her. His ego was still little hurt from what happened earlier. He still deeply cared for her, but he shut his mouth about it. "Trust me, we'll know it when we see it."

This time he glanced at her, but brunette's worries didn't go away. "What if they do to him that weird hypnotize shit ? Hm. Or what if he will turn into a vampire ?"

"No, they can't do that." Jace respond and the girl looked at him with confusion write on her face. He sighed. "That'd be violating the Accords. Besides if you ask me, it's an overly involved process. It's more complicated thing."

Ashley looked at him, she didn't know what, but something in her is different when she's with him. And this feeling was mutual. He was also feeling this. And maybe even more then a Fairchild girl. Maybe even more than he could ever admit.

They were walking through the doors and alleys of hotel DuMort in hope to find Simon. Jace didn't stopped even though Ashley heard something, so she grabbed his hand to make him look at her.

"I think I heard something." She said to him, she put her hands on his chest to stop him. Jace felt this little sparks in his chest and the warm of her hands. But then the sound grew louder. And that made Jace zoned back into reality.

"Hold up." He stated and pulled out his blade. He looked behind the corner and Ash was looking over his shoulder. She was standing behind him, her only luck was that he didn't turned around, her cheeks was more red than anything. And his wasn't anything better than her, her hot breath on his neck, it was like a drug.

As they looked from the corner, they saw vampires running in their super speed. Blondie and brunette turned and went in different direction. But after they enter some old room, to brunette's suprise they saw more vampires. Jace still with blade in his hand, he was checking out some way to get inside past vampire to help Simon. When vampires sped away Shadowhunters walked into the room with many old things, but also their old 'friend'. Brad.

"Ashley." Girl didn't pay any attention so Jace stepped before her, then she saw it.

"You." The vampire from bar said with clear anger in his voice.

"Uh, me." Fairchild girl said innocently and sarcastically smiled at vampire.

Jace glared at her, she was playing with fire, and he didn't want her to get burnt. When he went to attack vampire, their 'friend' called back up, so Jace ended up of the floor with 5 vampires on the top of him.

"Just ran 30 to get here," Brad, grabbed Ashley's arms trapping her to not move. Suddenly he was behind her, like smelling her neck. Then he whispered to brunette's ear. "Before I freaking burned to death in the sun. You missed your ride, baby girl."

"You think." Ash smirked, which made him angrier. He started hissing at her with his vampire fangs. But she didn't flinched, she wasn't scared. Even when Jace was on the ground, fighting five vampires, the only thing he was worried about was brunette girl.

"You really know how to hurt a guy." He started waving his hand in front of Ashley's eyes, trying to encanto her like in the club, still standing behind her body, but despise that he still was looking into her eyes. But this time Ashley was the trickster. Almost like her whole life.

She stared at him with dreamy eyes and giggled. Fairchild girl started leaned to his face until they were inches apart. Then she whispered to him. "You're right."