-Chapter 12-

"I starting to love shadow world. It all seem so happy and cherish." Ashley said sarcastically, as she walked behind Izzy. Maryse just eyed girl, who remind her Alec with her sarcasm.

"Mother, welcome back." Alec walked into the room, with his hands behind his back. He greeted her mother politely with respect, like leader should. "We didn't expect you."

"You should be prepared, whether you expect me or not." Oldest Lightwood said, to her son. She kissed his cheeks, in saying 'hi'.

"I am." He replied with his head high. Then he glanced at Jace. "We are."

"We'll talk about the Institute later." Envoy stated, without any emotion, that were mystery to brunette, she wondered how could she say all this without changing her expression. "Right not, we have a bigger problem."

Maryse walked behind Ashley to her daughter. She just glanced at Isabelle and continue to walk between Shadowhunters. She told them about Seelies not communicating with the Clave.

She didn't say that much, so from the whole conversation Ashley get that she will stay in the Institute with Alec even though he was complaining, and Izzy with Jace will go investigate this bigger problem.

"Wow, your mom is ... something." Brunette stand next to Lightwood boy.

"Get ready." He said without single emotion and walked away. "I'm gonna train you."

He wasn't mad at her, and he was somehow sorry for how he snapped at her, but he was a Shadowhunter, emotions cloud your judgement.

After a while when Ashley and Alec went to change their clothes, they meet in the training room. Whole brunette was waiting for her spare partner she looked through their weapons.

"You can be pissed, but you still can't beat me." She spoke to him in joking way, but Alec was concentrating on not showing his emotions.

He threw her a stick and get one himself. He tried to attacked her, but she quickly blocked his attack and threw a one herself.

"What makes you think, you did something wrong ?" She asked. "Your mom ? Hm, Alec didn't do anything wrong."

He chuckled with sarcasm, obviously she didn't get, she was here for few days. But Alec didn't see that these few days was days when he smiled the most, besides times when he was young.

She lowered her stick. "Alec, you can be part of an angel, but don't forget that you're part of a human too."

He lowered his as well. "My whole life I was to be a leader, a true Shadowhunter. So I expect to be punished, if I screw up."

"You want to be punished for something." She trailed off. "Fine, I am really sorry."

"What ?" That the last thing that Alec get to say, because second after this, stick flew right at his head and he blackout.

-----------------------------------

When Alec woke up with a massive headache, he knew exactly what she meant.

"I'm gonna kill her, I swear." He groans and get up.

He looked at his phone, he saw missed call from a unknown number, and Ashley nowhere in sight.

He searched the whole Institute, but brunette was nowhere to be find. Now he was completely mad at her. But in some point he knew he kind of deserved it.

He called Ashley multiple times, but for first time, he actually knew where she was. She was on the way to her loft.

"Why'd you run out ?" He asked behind her, which made her groaned in annoyance. "My head still hurts, by the way, thanks for that."