Twenty

Reina, Maggie and Chiara did not live in the same world as me. We weren't from the same realm. Theirs was extravagant, careless, rich. Mine was full of ratty clothes, counting change and spending nights studying while trying to prove myself.

And the truth was they didn't even care that I tried so hard. They barely knew my name.

"Here, try this one!" Maggie pulled out a gorgeous, sleek black dress with a halter neckline and put it down on the bed in front of Chiara.

Maggie was tall and slim, perfect for the runway. She lacked in the boob and butt area, but she was muscular and obviously in shape. Between Chiara and Reina, she was by far the least classically beautiful. Her face was pointed, her eyes piercingly blue, her nose long, elegant, but on the bigger side. She was nowhere near ugly; the woman was fucking gorgeous. But her facial lines were interesting, unlike the perfect symmetry of Chiara's face. I understood what made her a perfect model.

I stood next to them awkwardly while they tried on the dresses Maggie and Reina brought from the shoot.

"Is that Valentino?" Chiara grabbed the fabric and studied it.

"Vera, but this one is." Maggie pulled out another dress; light pink, wide-sleeved, with a boat neck and completely covered in lace. "Reina, take it!"

The Latina walked over graciously and took the dress. Her blown-out, glossy brown hair bounced. She would most likely look like a goddess in it. Then again, she looked like a goddess in anything she put on.

All the clothes and beautiful women around me made me cover myself. I put my grey dress back on. There was no way I would try their clothes. I was afraid to rip the fabric and it probably wouldn't even fit me.

"Oh, my God!" Chiara exclaimed as she pulled the fabric out of Maggie's bag. "I want this one."

"That's Oscar and it's custom made!" Maggie snatched the light blue fabric from Chiara's hands, making Chiara stick her tongue out at her. "Make one for yourself."

"Fine." She giggled.

I had no idea what they were talking about.

"What do you need the dresses for?" I asked, feeling like an ultimate outsider as three pairs of eyes fell right on me, not understanding the question.

"We're going to Reina's beach house." Chiara answered. "It's a cocktail party."

A dull ache spread through my chest. Of course, I didn't expect to be invited to every single party Chiara attended. I was certain I didn't even want that, I had things to do. But feeling so overlooked immediately didn't feel good.

"Oh." I simply nodded.

"I am so glad you broke up with Josh." Reina took off her clothes without a problem, showing her gorgeous body in her black, lacy underwear. "He turned whiny over the past few months."

"That's so true." Maggie nodded, still going through the huge bag of clothes she carried with her. "I can't believe you wanted to spend the weekend with him on the coast before the party."

"Girl, I hope you're taking that suite without him." Reina looked at Chiara pointedly.

"I'm taking Jackie." Chiara said and my heart stopped beating.

Where? Why? Whom? Why me? Reina and Maggie exchanged a glance.

"Uh, what?" I asked like an idiot.

"You're going with me to the coast instead of Josh." Chiara shrugged. Apparently, she liked making all the decisions for me. And spending time with me, for whichever reason.