Chapter 4

I listened carefully, and finally heard Malfoy's steps fade. The moment they did, I flopped down on the bed and sighed.

    My eyes were trained on the ceiling while my hair fanned out around my head like a halo, but I felt anything but weightless.

    After a few moments of self pity I got up and walked around the room. I noticed the carpet on the hardwood floors was a dark green, slightly darker than the blankets on the bed. My bed.

     I shivered at the thought, I really was moving in with the Malfoys. I took a deep breath, trying to steady the flow of ideas for room redecoration.

    I was thinking about how to get new furniture, when I realized, these are the Malfoys! They have to have a house elf.

   The moment joy washed over me it was taken away by my realization. I hadn't bothered to ask Lucius and co, for the name of the house elf.

   I let out a string of words my mother would never have approved of, as I walked over to the fireplace and let out an aggravated snarl.

    "Who even has their own fireplace!"

    The moment the words left my lips a small house elf appeared at my side.

    "Does Mistress Ginny not like the fireplace?"

    She said in an obviously female voice. The elf's voice was surprisingly soft.

    I gawked at her in surprise.

    "No, the fireplace is lovely. I was just upset so I was trying to let out my anger."

    She looked confused at my sudden calmness. Then she bowed and began to turn away, when I remembered why I was angry in the first place.

    "Wait! I didn't catch your name."

    She looked up at me sheepishly.

    "Birdie. Birdie is Birdie's name."

    "Well, Birdie, could you help me with something?"

     I asked her in the sweetest voice I could muster.

     She nodded in reply then added an audible response.

    "Birdie would be pleased to help Mistress Ginny."

    I grinned as I began explaining my plan.

    After Birdie and I had finished up, I decided to get dressed for dinner.

    I walked over to my freakishly large closet and chose an outfit. Birdie had placed my clothes in the closet earlier when we had taken a break.

    I chose a sleeveless, black  turtleneck, along with a pair of light ripped jeans.

    After I  put them on, I walked out of my bathroom. Yep, that's right, I had my own bathroom. A bit ridiculous if I do say so myself.

    I looked in the long, gold mirror, then turned to Birdie- who had been patiently waiting for my orders.

    "What do you think?"

    I asked as I spun around for her.

    She gulped, "Birdie thinks you look very pretty, but also like a m-muggle."

     She struggled over the word muggle. As soon as it had left her mouth, her eyes went wide and she ran to the fireplace, picking up the hot poker.

     She was about to place it on her skin when I pulled it away from her grasp.

    "What are you doing, Birdie!" I was practically yelling.

     She wimpered and spoke in a raspy voice.

    "Birdie was told never to speak that word."

    I was shocked. I knew the Malfoys were cruel, but not allowing their house elf to say a word that was so commonly used? It was outrageous to me.

    I cradled her in my arms and whispered to her in a stern yet, comforting voice.

    "From now on, you say any word you'd like. My orders."I added in the last part when she began protesting.

   Standing up, I layed her on my bed. I told her if she wanted company later that I was available.

   Walking away, I sat at my vanity. I grabbed a hair tie, and brushed my hair up into a high ponytail. Turning my head from side to side, I checked my hair for bumps in the mirror.

    With Mum's 'be nice' still bouncing around in my head, I had opted not to wear Gryffindor colors to dinner.

     After saying goodbye to a very tired Birdie, I headed downstairs to dinner.

——————-----------------——————------—-

I'm so sorry this story is taking forever to update, I've had a rather large writers block for this story. I am struggling with the dinner scene and I completely forgot where I was going with her room. I promise to try and publish the next chapter soon!