Chapter 3

I hummed happily, making toast as usual. They didn't have chocolate spread so butter it is. I looked outside the window. No monsters. No gorilla shit. No abnormal activities. It's still kind of weird not seeing a monster in the world but I'm getting used to it. 

"RIKIIIIII! WAKE UP! OR I'LL TAKE AWAY YOUR PORNO MAGAZINE AGAIN," Midori yelled.

Over the weekends, I've gotten to know them better. Especially Riki. We even call each other by our first name now. The amount of porno magazine Riki has never failed to amuse me. When I was cleaning his room and found some just lying around, I just hid it for him. I wouldn't snitch on him like that. 

"Auntie, here's your toast and vodka," I smiled, taking a seat on the table. Not going to lie, I do find it odd that she needs her shot of vodka first thing in the morning, but hey if that's how she rolls, who am I to stop her?

"Oh my (Y/N), thank you!" She smiled, taking the toast and vodka in her hands. "Thanks to you, I'll be early to my job now without having to make breakfast. I'll be going to work now, make sure to stay safe and enjoy your new school," 

And with that, she left the house. 

Riki went down and soon joined me in breakfast. 

"It's been a while since I ate breakfast with someone," he said, eating the toast in two bites. He looks up to the clock and his eyes widened.

"Hey (Y/N), I'll be going first, my pals should be passing my house soon!" He took his bag and went out the house.

Pals... must be nice to have friends. 

After finishing my toast, I washed the dishes and took my bag. Walking to the gate, I see a flock of students hurriedly trying to enter the school. An orange head girl ran past me while trying to hold her toast in her mouth. It's almost like they're afraid of being late. 

WAIT I'M ALSO LATE

With that, I ran with the orang head girl, trying to keep in mind that my pace shouldn't be too fast so I won't stand out too much. After passing the gate, a teacher in a red tracksuit yelled.

"HEY! DON'T EAT TOAST WHILE RUNNING," 

I snorted at the comment as I stopped running to take a rest. 

"Hey, you must be a new student, My name is Yumehara Chiyo, what's your name?" The girl next to me, asked, with a tired smile on her face, also taking a break from running.

"Nice to meet you, I'm (L/N) (Y/N)," I responded. I looked at the toast still hanging in her mouth. "So you gonna finish that toast or?" 

"A-Ah right!" Chiyo flushed red at my comment, she took the toast out and stated chewing. "You see, I was trying to recreate a school girl moment, but he didn't show up," She sighed. 

A school girl moment...? I looked at her in confusion. 

"Y-you know! Like when a girl is late so she has no choice but to hold a toast in her mouth, and she accidentally bumps into her senpai," She hurriedly explain.

"Oooooh," I nodded, understanding somewhat of what she meant. 

"My! You don't know much about love do you?" Chiyo commented, her eyes turning into sparkles.

Love? ...

"Yeah, I usually just study," I muttered, thinking about my past. I look at her and see a shocked look on her face as if I was the most miserable human being on this planet. "Ah but I'm trying to switch it up now." 

"Then you came to the right person! I'm a love master, and I'll teach you all about love," She smirked, looking proud of herself.

I couldn't help but sweat at the thought, with a small pinching feeling that something will go wrong.