Chapter 4.5

'Another transfer student? Good grief,' Saiki Kusuo thought, head placed in his palms as his elbows is on the desk.

As usual, thoughts of his classmates flood his head, making him hear things that he never wanted to at the first place. 

'I hope she's hot!'

'Maybe this time, the new girl will like me!'

'Another female transfer student? Well, there's no way she'll be prettier than me, after all I'm the most perfect girl in this world! Maybe I should bless her and befriend her! I bet she'll even say 'offu' like how all the boys do!'

'Ah! (L/N) must be transferring in our class!'

'Oh? Yumehara must have already met the new student,' Saiki assumed, after hearing Yumehara's thought. 

As if it has been cued, the door slide open, revealing the homeroom teacher and the new student.

Saiki's eyes slightly widened as he realize something very crucial. 

He can't read the new student thoughts.

He stared at (L/N), thinking of answers on why he couldn't read her mind.

He silently cursed in annoyance. Now, not only did he has to deal with Nendou, there was someone else that could catch him by surprise, (L/N).

Kusuo has never enjoyed the unknown, so another unreadable human was something he wished never appeared.

"Hello, my name is (L/N) (Y/N), please take care of me!" The girl exclaimed, then immediately bowing down like a trained soldier. 

Was she as thoughtless and dumb as Nendou? It's a possibility. He can't read someone's mind when they literally never think. 

But, Nendou was a special case. It would be extremely hard to be as dumb as him. Nonetheless, even if it was slim, the possibility exist. Two Nendou's? Saiki shivered at the thought of it. 

As he finishes his line of thoughts process, he was met with (Y/N) staring right into his eyes, realizing that while he was lost in thought, he was staring at her—he could only hope that he wasn't staring creepily.

'Tsk. Just a few minutes into this class and she already caught me off guard,' He complained to himself, looking away from the girl. 

He took a peek from the corner of his eyes, and to his surprise, the girl was making an awfully odd face.

Her nostrils were flared as the amount of chins multiplied. He covered his mouth with his hand before the laugh from the surprise could leave and enter his classmates ear.

"(L/N), you can sit down next to Nendou," the homeroom teacher said as the bell rung in the background.

'Ironic, the two person that technically count as my weakness is sitting next to each other,' Saiki thought.

It seems like that today was a special day that kept on giving him surprises as he saw what happened next. 

Usually, girls would be grossed out at the fact that they have to be seated next to a guy like Nendou. It's understandable since Nendou wasn't 'normal' looking nor is his personality. He's just absurd in every corner and side you look at him in. 

But (L/N)'s face brightened like the moon in a dark clear sky, as the smile on here face seems to get bigger by every second.

'What an annoying smile,' He remarked, as he observes the girl's face.

She was smiling so big, almost as if she's glad she got a seat next to Nendou...

Is she?

'But why would (L/N) be so happy sitting next to him?' Saiki pondered. 'Could it be, that she finds Nendou attractive?!'