Useful (Illumi x Reader)

Top!Ilumi (im sure..but idk i forgot ha)

Author: Atnica (on ao3)

(this a longg one bestie 🕶💜)

TW! rape, vilonce blood, needles, maipultion (its late and i cant spell bestie ), mind maipultation, injury ,heavy angst , slow burn and torture 

______________________________

> Cheat list:
✎ Y/N - Your Name
✎ L/N - Last Name
✎ H/C - Hair Colour
✎ H/L - Hair Length
✎ H/T - Hair Type (Curly... Straight... etc)
✎ S/C - Skin Colour
✎ B/S - Body Shape (Curvy, slim, a ⬜, anything ~)
✎ F/C - Favourite Colour
✎ F/B - Favourite Beverage
✎ F/A - Favourite Animal
✎ F/S - Favourite Song

Chapter Text

It has been a week since I got a new neighbour, he's a creepy dude but, well I'm probably creepy too. As a writer I have no consistent sleeping schedule, and last night I heard screams coming from his house.

I'm not entirely sure about it, heck I'm not even sure if there were really screams at 3 a.m. while I was trying to make a masterpiece with my very tired brain.

I'm Y/N L/N, a genius writer. I can switch styles fast depending on my mood, write romances, sometimes horror, hell I'd write comedy if I felt like it. I own a library that is open 24/7, my main income is my books, but I enjoy having my library as a hobby.

Going back to the creep, he lives in the house right next to mine, a neighbourhood 15 minutes away from the centre of the Aeclos. The next morning, I went outside, found the old couple that lives in front of me - Mr and Mrs Leafsteam - and asked them if they heard anything weird last night. They denied so I took it as a late-night delusion.

Maybe I'm going crazy from lack of sleep. Today my library was calm, like every other day to be honest. I think I spend more money keeping this place open than I do actually earn from it. Still, it's a nice place to relax and read, and the only human interaction I usually have.

It's called Chiaroscuro, a two storey building in the city. The inside is a mix of chic and comfortable since the appearance of the bookshelves, desks, chairs and pretty much everything could belong in a castle. Yet everything is unusually comfortable. There is a huge staircase to the second floor with pillows and books scattered across it. Everything is showered by a natural light, coming from the windows which have places to sit nearby and there is a beverage machine on the first floor. It was cosy and fairytale-like, I loved it.

Not many people came by, but the ones who did became regulars. The whole building was under the name Damien Redthorne so my fans didn't swarm over the place and ruin the peaceful mood.

Anyway, as I walked home that night from library after leaving the night shift with Nerus, I found the police near the entrance of my neighbourhood asking questions about a corpse that showed up this morning in a nearby forest.

My neighbour, Hiro, was there looking worried and almost crying as the policeman kept describing the state of the body. "The girl was brutally murdered after being raped, we're waiting for the reports of the doctors but we also believe she was badly tortured. If anyone has any clue or lead for us ...".

Could it be the screams didn't come from his house? Or is he just faking it? I focused on middle aged man with utmost attention. Should I report the screams? Were there even screams? The policeman shook hands with Hiro, thanking him for the good lead and chatting about his young son happily. Ugh, am I just imagining stuff?

Later I found out the girl who died was Rie, a chocolate-maker, she had a shop near Chiaroscuro, we were friends. I told the police what I heard but they said that my neighbour was an honest man, and that his testimony told them that the murderer was in another neighbourhood. After that Hiro looked at me rather dangerously every time I passed him.