Part 5

chapter 5 of Cruel Summer Fights

Apollo angrily paced back and forth, ignoring his twin who snickered beside him sitting crossed legged on the couch. Her silver hair was done up in a fantastic braid, and she wore combat pants that had silver stripes and a plain long sleeve black shirt barefooted of course.

"Have you thought of it from his point of thoughts?" Artemis asked tilting her head and carving a slice from an apple and crunching on it while Apollo waved his hands about.

"We have been dating since he was 17, Arty, I am absolutely sure I wanna be with him for the rest of our immortal lives... but he said no, its so FUCKING frustrating!" he yelled yanking his hair.

"Apollo, the boy isn't even a 100, he's barely a quarter of your years...." Artemis said, then cocked her head slightly. "Let me tell you something one of my Huntresses told me."

Apollo listened as his sister explained that when she made the first girl, she saved into a hunter of hers... she had made her immortal and when the girl was getting sick and slow. The girl explained that even though Artemis had managed to make her youthful on the outside... the inside had different matters and it was slowly killing her, because mortals weren't meant to live forever. In the end Artemis killed the girl to ease the pain, and because when they had gone to the mortal knowledgeable on demigods and humans. Being a descendant. The doctor had basically said that the girls, body was decaying from the inside out.

Apollo did not really get how the story went with Percy not accepting godhood, it was a totally different coin. Being a god and being and immortal was 2 separate things.

"Ugh," Apollo said, ranting to his sister hadn't helped, it just helped getting him even more confused. "I have to go, its date night," Apollo said.

"Don't push the issue Apollo... I know patience has never being your strong point... you're more like: "I see it I like it I want it I got it, type of person."

Sneering at his sister Apollo flashes away.

.....

Percy is talking to his team about the up coming competition when Apollo walks in. the god has his arms crossed and his blue eyes are a dark stormy and Percy sighs.

Something was going to happen, even his freaking horoscope said so.

"Perce," Apollo calls, making Percy frown.

Walking towards the god, He wraps a towel around his wet body.

"Apollo why are you here early?" he says stopping about three paces away from the clearly irritated god. "Practice isn't over until 9pm."

"Jeez, can't I see my boyfriend?" Apollo asks. "Plus, its date night,"

This makes Percy irritated; he had texted the god on Wednesday last week that they had practice all week until late, and he wasn't able to go on the date due to his grade dropping. Since he was the captain, he had to set an example.

"I have things to do, I text you last night and a few days ago reminding you," Percy says crossing his arms.

Scowling Apollo takes his phone out and notices that he had messages from multiple people.

"I've been busy with The Council and up there," Apollo says.

"I'll see you next week Apollo," Percy says turning around.

"Wait," Apollo puts a hand on his shoulder making Percy pause. "Become a god, you won't need to worry about these mortal mundane things," the god said, and it made Percy's blood boil.

Marching them into the privacy of the changerooms does Percy push Apollo onto the wall.

"I don't want to become a god. How many times do I need to say this?" Percy said.

Apollo already on edge from their last fight and his uneventful help from his sister... pushes Percy back.

"You're just in denial. What do these dumb mortals have that the gods, Olympus can't give?" Apollo shouts.

"Shut up," Percy says. "All you do is talk about me becoming a god, I DON'T WANT TO BE ONE. I have a life, friends, you might be my boyfriend, but you need to stop pushing me!" Percy says, and with the last word water bursts from the piping of the changeroom showers, taps and toilets. And rushes to push the god back.

Apollo looks up stunned, angry and soaked. Anger takes hold and he shoves raw energy to the demigod who flies back and lands in a heap on the floor.

Their both silent for a moment, both staring at each other. Neither of them had ever used their powers on each other, sure in mock fights. But not out of anger.

"Get out," Percy whispers. He is glancing at the floor, and the blood from the cut he got is healing already, but the red of blood is still there. "GET OUT!" Percy yells, using his powers once again to shove the god out of the other set of doors. "Don't bother coming next week." Percy snarls. "When you can behave like a decent being, and not get mad when I say no to godhood. That is when you can come back, and fucking grovel. Now I need to get back to my team and get ready for Nationals."

Percy slams the door shut and slides down the wall. Curling his arms over his knees and cries. His heart clenching tightly, this was the worse argument they've ever had. Yet he is so angry, so annoyed, with Apollo and Zeus and a few other gods pestering him to become a god. So far their relationship had been pretty toxic for the past three months.

"Guess the honeymoon phase is over," Percy says. With a sigh he waves his hand and the water recedes back to the piping, but remains broken.

"Captain?" Tadashi Simon, a half Japanese and half American stands half open in the doorway, Percy is bent over the sink avoiding the other teens eyes.

"Tell the others practice is over," Percy hunches his shoulders. "I am sorry for bringing personal issues into practice."

"Your boyfriend can be a right jerk cap," Tadashi says. "Dump him and find someone better."

With the other teen gone Percy heads to his locker and slips on his clothes, not caring that he hadn't showered off the chlorine, nor that his clothes were now wet. And glancing one more time in the mirror at his red rimmed green eyes, and red nose. Does he clasp the necklace that holds a golden band with a few emeralds, weighs it in his hand before stuffing it into the trash and walks out.

A/N: is it bad that I don't entirely do a good edit? I usually type whatever comes to mind then post ASAP.

Anywho thanks for reading stay safe and have a good day ~JIO