Chapter 1 - A Day In The Life Of A Not So Wolfy Teenager

------------------------------------------Thirteen years later (Now)------------------------------------

Okay, how was that. yeah, so pretty much my dad went off, had a baby with my mom, my mom left me and I went to find my wolf dad. Then the other Alpha wolf found me and decided that he wanted to kill me because I was a human and my father’s daughter (what an idiot)! 

So pretty much, after that my dad saves me by sacrificing himself and the guy who killed him is now like a grand alpha. Yeah, life sucks sometimes. I now live with my grandma which is the only good thing in my life, the rest, is literally hell. 

If I’m saying that gran’s is good, I must be going crazy, lets just say that when little red riding hood came to the house, gran was the wolf. No joke. She’s about as menacing as any other wolf, if not worse. 

It’s just like, ‘Oh granny, what big teeth you have,’ and then ‘you think? I think they’ve lost their sharpness lately’ yeah. I kinda suck at jokes. 

“Gran! I’m going to school!” I call as I leave the door and walk through the dark forest. 

The forest was always dark, don’t ask why, even I was unsure as to why it always was. It also, normally had a creepy feel to it, go figure. Aren’t all forests populated by wolves like that though? 

I suddenly feel someone coming behind me, and no, I do not have spider senses (seriously, I may be weird but I’m not that weird), that person just stepped on a twig. Which other idiot would do that? I knew that it was my idiot straight away. Not that he was ‘my’ anything. 

I turned to see Devon, one of the pack wolves in human form. He just got his human form a year and few months ago, and it’s a real pain on my part. 

You see, when wolves turn sixteen they can get a human form and therefore go out in the human cities and stuff with out scaring the crap out of every person they see. Not so bad eh? No, wrong. 

It is bad, the problem is, every wolf’s human form is extremely attractive, which really doesn’t help the fact that apparently every time one of them comes to school they have to be my cousin. Going out with your attractive cousin is not okay at school. Let’s just say that I do get a ton of attention when one of them come, I personally try to normally stay inconspicuous. 

Devon doesn’t help with that at all. It would be even worse if I was going out with Devon, the attention would be crazy. Lucky I’m not then... Yeah I guess that I did have a tiny crush on Devon. It’s not my fault that I’ve seen him naked though! Did I just think that? 

Uh, yes I have seen him naked, when he first shifted, I was the one who ran, eyes shut, to get his clothes, and man, did he have a good body. Awkward! I’d better stop thinking now. Oh Devon, he was going to be such a heartbreaker, the old women in the pack always said. 

“What’s up dev?” I asked to shut him up already. 

I knew he wanted something, when he gave to me that look, it meant that he wanted something. Yep, here it comes. He put his arms around my shoulders. Did I mention that male wolves were always extremely intimate with female wolves? 

Even though I’m not a wolf, I guess I still count, yes, it is pretty awkward actually. I sure that a lot of girls would kill to be in my position now. I’m sure that cow Ashlee would love to be in my position especially. Stupid cow, she makes cows look bad. 

“I want to come to school with you,” said Dev. 

There, he said it, he dropped the bomb on me. Nope, my mind was made up, I was not going to let him come, not this time.