Chapter 2 - When The Day In The Life Of A Not So Wolfy Teenager Hits Rock Bottom

One of the more popular girls came around to us and talked to me as if we were best friends, we weren’t. This was one of the more annoying stupid plastic barbie look a likes. I hated them the most so you could kind of guess what I was thinking when she came over towards us and especially when she would act like my bestie. 

“Hi, who’s this?” She asked motioning to Dev with a look on her face that said, he was hers before he got here. 

Girls like that really irritated nice, sweet and kind girls like me (compared to them anyway). I was about to reply to the cow, when Dev did for me. Sometimes, I had to remind myself that I should never let Dev do the talking. Seriously, this guy gets me into a ton of trouble. 

“A friend from out of town” he said. 

No. That was not what he was supposed to say! He was supposed to say we were cousins! That was the usual story you see, what was Dev going on about today! Maybe he was going through a phase where he went past every rule, I was pretty sure that if that was a phase, for Dev is would last close to a lifetime. 

Calm down Ace, he sent telepathically, anyone could clearly see that I was stressing out. 

Yeah right. Me, calm down? Nope, not ever. I know that I worry like crazy. 

You know, this could cause a lot of trouble, I sent. 

Yeah, I was doing the right thing! Dev should have stopped while he was ahead. Did I mention that I could talk telepathically to wolves because I was part wolf? Yeah? Well, that’s another weird thing about me. 

So what? He sent and that meant that this conversation was officially over. 

You see, when Dev think of an idea, he sticks to it. No matter the stupidity of it. Maybe today was piss off Accalia day. Just like every other day in my life. The barbie chic was still looking at us. Sometimes, when speaking telepathically, I forget that other people don’t know that we’re talking so it kinda looks weird. 

“Ooh” the girl practically swooned over him. 

Just like every other girl that Dev had ever come with in twenty meters of. Everyone just loves Dev don’t they. 

“You two aren’t... Are you?” she asked sort of sadly, but at the same time flirtatiously, I don’t know how those chicks do that so easily. 

Us? Pshaw! She wasn’t implying that we were dating was she? It sounded ridiculous, two friends like us, a wolf and a human dating, my dad and my mom, no way! (No. Me and Dev are completely different, I don’t like him in that way and I never will). 

“Yeah we are, sorry” said Dev. 

Wait a second! What? What just happened there? Rewind please! Oh my gosh! Did he just say that? 

“You two aren’t...Are you?” asked the girl. 

DevouredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara