Prologue

-------------------------------Thirteen years ago---------------------------------------------------------

The pack alpha, Robert, approached the trialling grounds and he was not ready to see his baby daughter die. It would kill him to see her die. By now, everyone had figured out what had happened with Robert and Janine, especially when his baby (Human) daughter stumbled out from the trees screaming ‘Daddy!’ 

Yes, now everyone knew that he, the pack alpha had left and impregnated a human woman, and worst of all, a child, his child was born and Janine had run off. The child probably would have been safer if they knew where Janine was, and then she could have returned to her mother, but the wolves had no idea where Janine had gone, and neither did Robert. 

His life had always been terrible as he described it, and he was definitely been known to cause a rebellion with other members of his pack in his teenage years, yes he was quite the ‘badass’ as the current teenage wolves said. It seemed that his recklessness had finally got him into the worst trouble of his life. 

Robert would have been content with losing his leadership after what he had done, but this time, it wasn’t only going to be he who would suffer. That was the problem this time, this time was different. His baby daughter’s life was in his hands, to save himself or to save the off spring of his love for Janine. 

Janine who had so rudely and unknowingly sentenced her daughter to death just because she couldn’t be bothered settling things with a layer. He could blame Janine all he wanted, but he knew that the fault was his. His daughter was now in trouble, all because of him. 

He knew that he shouldn’t have gone off and done what he did, but he knew that he did truly love Janine and he had a feeling that she loved him just as much, hence the child.

Though, Robert understood how amazing love with a human could be, he also understood that the wolves would not understand what the human heart feels. The wolves would never be able to be anything like the humans. 

The wolves seldom showed mercy. So now, Robert was stuck in the worst situation of his life. Now, they wanted to kill his beautiful daughter and Robert was not ready for anything like that to happen. The fact that he didn’t even know his daughter was a downside, but he did love her as she was his daughter and it didn’t influence his decision at all. 

He could see what a strong personality she had and he could see parts of him inside her. Her small signs of recklessness were already showing. Though the thing that mostly caught Robert’s attention, were her eyes. Those eyes were as yellow as a wolf’s but this little girl was human. 

He had heard of other half breeds before though most, if not all, had been killed. The others were too human to become wolf, he wondered for his daughter. Would she be like the others, or would she be wolf?

Then he made an important decision, probably the most important decision of his life. He had to do what a good Alpha would have done. But what was that? What came first? Pack or family? What was Robert to do?Was there even anything he could do? 

He end up just watching each of the younger wolves, the ones who could not change into human forms yet. All werewolves would eventually get the ability to shift into a human form at the age of sixteen. As he was watching them, the strongest of the baby werewolves approached his daughter. 

Robert suddenly felt like he needed to stop the wolf from coming any closer to his daughter. He didn’t even get a chance to meet his daughter and yet, he felt a connection to her, a protectiveness over her. He was her father after all, and what was expected of a father in protectiveness was obviously nagging him to go and push the wolf away from his young daughter.