chapter 24

“…And that’s why, she went to the monastery that is located at the tip of the north.”

After quickly carrying out the entirety of the punishment and we could finally take a break, I explained the conclusion of this case after being pestered by Bertia.

It’s the spring break now.

Once the break was over, she would’ve found out about former-Baroness Heronia’s departure from the academy whether she wanted to or not.

There might’ve been another opportunity to explain it to her at that stage, but unfortunately… Really unfortunately, I’ve graduated and wouldn’t be there then to explain the truth.

Her friends or Kulgan or Shaun might be able to explain things well to her, but depending on the situation, there was also the possibility that a third party could end up telling her a version that had been dramatized here and there.

In that case, I judged that it’d be better for me to explain the truth ahead of time.

“So, that was what happened, huh? As expected of the heroine!! In order to restore the spirit who was injured due to protecting her, she went to offer her prayers at the sacred temple located at the northern edge by her own choice!!”

“That’s right. She’s surely doing her best over there.”

I smiled and gently patted Bertia’s head as she happily smiled with a relieved expression.

…I’m not really telling a lie, okay?

After all, the former-Baroness Heronia decided to go to the northern monastery by her own choice, right? …I only gave her two options, though.

In addition, the monastery made a temple its annex, and the temple is [sacred] in its entirety.

There’s also the possibility that the spirit will be restored (in some decades or so) so long as she put forth the effort.

…Well, I intentionally omitted a bit of the superfluous details and made things sound the way that Bertia liked.

Incidentally, I’ve already informed her friends and my close aide candidates of the parts that I shared with Bertia just now.

I’m sure they will be able to deceive her well in the future, too.

“Then, when will the heroine return? Until then, I will be preparing myself to step down from this position…”

“She won’t return anymore, and you will become my one and only partner, so you can’t step down from that position, okay?”

I cut off Bertia’s words as she had the wrong idea about things again and was about to continue in an outrageous direction, and quickly blocked off her escape route.

The hindrance was already eliminated after great pains, so it’s really unthinkable for me to let go of my cute Bertia.

“Eh? She won’t return?”

“Yeah, she won’t return. The spirit’s injury was severe, so even though it is able to heal, it would take some time, so going over there was also for his sake as well. That’s why she would be living there (by force) for the rest of her life. …In addition—”

“Fweeh?!”

When I hugged Bertia closer as she sat sideways in my lap, she jumped in surprise, with her face turning red.

“Even though you’ve captured me just like this, you still want to leave me, Tia? If that’s the case… I might take it a bit more seriously and try to capture you, okay?”