chapter 26

Originally, King Toujin and Queen Alnay were both the children of tribal chiefs whose tribes had built up a mutually favorable relationship.

Likely, they would solidify that relationship through marriage sooner or later.

It hadn’t been documented clearly, but perhaps they were betrothed to each other.

Since those days, King Toujin was basically a child who showed no interest in anything.

To him, who always managed to perfectly do anything asked of him and who constantly looked bored, Queen Alnay who always laughed happily was like a mysterious existence.

For King Toujin who always easily excelled at any game, Queen Alnay proposed new games whenever they met.

Then, one day, he was engrossed in a new game that Queen Alnay had found.

It was a game that imitated war, that the adolescent boys in those days often played.

It was a game where you had to advance pawns that had their own fixed roles and movements as you snatched your opponent’s pawns.

King Toujin who enjoyed playing that game with Queen Alnay then asked the adults of his tribe to become his opponents and the enjoyment of the game was soon stuck in his heart.

…Then, eventually it being only a board game became insufficient.

At that time, luckily or unluckily, a war between King Toujin’s tribe and the neighboring tribe occured.

At that time, King Toujin had officially transitioned from a boy to a young man, and asked his father, the tribe’s chief, to go to war commanding a small army of his own.

The tribal chief’s expectation were quite high towards King Toujin, who had been extraordinarily smart since young and possessed superb combat ability, and King Toujin lived up to that expectation splendidly.

From there onwards, King Toujin rapidly became absorbed in warfare, demonstrating his ability fully.

It was originally an era with many wars. There were plenty of wars to raise his achievements.

Before long, the tribal chief, his father, recognized his achievements, raised his position on the battlefield, and finally it reached the point where he entrusted his full authority to King Toujin.

At that time, King Toujin had become one who’d unified numerous tribes into one, holding greater authority than his own father.

Thanks for reading at convallariaslibrary ?❁? ?♡?

This content is brought to you by Convallaria’s Library. Please do not support content theft and read at convallariaslibrary [dot] com! You will be missing the readers’ awesome comments by reading this at an aggregator site, too.

“King Toujin indulged in the battlefield as if it were just a game one played as a hobby, and there was no one who could stop him. There wasn’t supposed to be anyone.. When people started to get anxious over King Toujin gradually losing his restraint, one girl stood before him.”

“…Was it Queen Alnay?”

“That’s right. Queen Alnay was originally a person of gentle disposition, and hated wars that stole away people’s lives. Many times war was inevitable in that era, but when King Toujin began to start wars for his own enjoyment, she stood in his way and reprimanded him with teary eyes. Then lastly, she said, ‘If you meaninglessly take away life, then I will come to hate you.’ At her words, King Toujin was terribly perplexed. Then, from there, he abruptly stopped liking wars and worked hard to build a peaceful country.”