45: the end!

(a/n: timeskip (manga spoilers)! see the end for final author's note <3)

kamei arena sendai
nov. 17th

You let out a small yawn as you enter the arena with Yachi, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. It was a few years after you'd graduated from Karasuno and you, along with the first years, were meeting up with all of the past team to spectate the Schweiden Adlers vs. the MSBY Black Jackals. This would be the first official match between Hinata and Kageyama since middle school.

All former teammates had congregated to watch said match, which would also be a testament to old rivalries. It was crazy, to say the least. So many of your friends from high school were mixed around and playing together.

Tsukishima heads in a bit earlier to get seats while you, Yachi and Tadashi walk around the t-shirt stalls and food vendors for a bit. You almost immediately recognize the brunette standing behind the stall labeled 'Onigiri Miya'. "Hey Samu!!"

The three of you walk over to him, a smile plastered on your face. He gives you a wide grin. "Y/n! Yachi! Yamaguchi! Hey! Here ta see Hinata and Kageyama?" He asks as he's handing a wrapped onigiri over to a customer. They wave to him. "I figured ya were comin' on yer own since ya never texted me back 'bout comin' with us." You let out a small playful scoff.

"No way. I'm here to see your stupid twin brother, Bokuto, and Sakusa. And oh yeah, sorry about that. Time got caught up with me."

He laughs at that. "Yer right 'bout one thing. My twin brother sure is stupid."

The four of you share a chuckle at his comment. It was nice to be in this arena again. The last time you'd ever been here was your third year at Karasuno, with Ennoshita as captain. It all felt so nostalgic, the chatter filling the air and the people you once spent almost all of your time with surrounding you.

A familiar face appears from a little ways away, walking towards Osamu's stand. She has the roots of her blonde hair hidden underneath a cap similar to the brunette twin's, along with the rest of her outfit. Her eyes light up at the sight of you. "Y/n!! When did you get here?!!"

"Mads!! Just now! How has it been?!" You hug her enthusiastically. She reciprocates, pulling away to fix her hat.

"Good, good! It's been pretty busy, right Samu?" She turns to him and he nods. She goes to hug Yachi and Yamaguchi, greeting them also.

"How have you been?" Tadashi asks with a small smile, his arm lightly bumping Hitoka's.

"Great! Just waiting for Tsumu to put a ring on it. But other than that, I love it at the restaurant. And Osamu's a good boss I suppose." She laughs lightly, punching his arm weakly. He shakes his head with a joking roll of his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. In that case, I hope he never proposes ta ya. That way I ain't haveta hear yer yappin' all the time."

"Miya Osamu! How dare you?!"

"Might even make ya stay out here durin' the match. Ya know, instead of lettin' ya watch yer stupid ugly boyfriend play."

"That is employee abuse!"

"Sorry, no slackin' off on the job 'else I might needa deduct yer pay."

You snort at the 'in laws'. They always bickered like they were the siblings, rather than him and Atsumu. It was funny really. The only thing that seemed to have changed, was their hair colors. Osamu had gone back to his natural brown and the blonde couple learned what toner was.

Shortly after graduation, you'd moved to Osaka for school due to a scholarship. At first, things were scary since you didn't know anyone, but your luck turned around a year or so later after finding out you did know people after all.