extra: inarizaki trip to miyagi pt2

(a/n: just as a thank you for all the support this book has received since the beginning. i cannot say how grateful i am, no matter how much i try to put it into words. what started out as a joke and began pretty cringey since i was relatively new to the fandom at the time— turned into one of my most prized possessions. this fic is my baby and it means the world to me. thank you for letting me share it with all of you and for accepting it with open arms. so like i said, this is just a small token of my gratitude. and if you'd like to see any other small scenes lmk! i hope you all enjoy!)

You were walking to the park with the twins, Suna and Kita, having just grabbed lunch. The weather was in your favor and it all seemed to be going well, aside from the blonde tripping over a curb as soon as you left your house. Following the incident, he turned around to curse out the poor piece of concrete. It was quite an embarrassing sight to see for the rest of you. But you were actually enjoying the time you were spending with the idiot and the other Inarizaki attendees.

"Why couldn't we have slept a bit longer, N/n? 'M still tired." Atsumu yawns, sticking his hands in his pockets. You deadpan, pushing him slightly. He stumbles over his own feet and glares at you. "Hey! 'The fuck was that for?"

"Stop talking, Tsumu."

"Yeah, stop talkin', Tsumu." Osamu teases.

"Ya know, I've had it ta here with yer snide comments, Samu. 'M 'bout ready to smack yer stupid face with Y/n's heavy ass bag." The former stops in his tracks and crosses his arms as best as he can with your backpack slinging off his shoulder. Everyone else also pauses to wait for him to get over his temper tantrum.

"'M waiting. Go right ahead and do it, since yer so tough." His grey haired twin mimics his stance, positioning himself directly in front of him. You roll your eyes and turn to your other two friends.

"Do they actually fight this much back in Hyogo?"

"You'd be surprised. This is nothing compared to the fights they have during practice. I have videos of you wanna see. Probably a couple pictures too if I'm being honest. Once Aran had to lock Atsumu in the storage closet until he cooled down because we couldn't get anything done without them going at it." Suna answers, an amused look on face.

Kita on the other hand, was a different story.

"When else are ya gonna see Y/n again? Exactly, who knows when, so quit actin' like immature five year olds. It hasn't even been a day yet and 'm already tired of tha both of ya."

You cover your mouth in order to not let a laugh escape since you were slightly scared of how serious the captain could be. Atsumu and Osamu falter in their movements, their shoulders drooping. They looked like puppies who'd just gotten scolded by their owner for biting the furniture. Or Bokuto when Akaashi scolds him.

"Sorry, captain."

"'M sorry, Kita."

Now that was the icing on the cake. You burst out in a fit of laughter, confusing the three boys except Suna, who also thought the entire situation was funny. Your body hunched over and you tried to catch your breath, but the guilty tone of the twins' voices kept replaying in your head and making you laugh even harder.

"We're here ta hang out with ya, because we're yer bestest pals and yer laughin' at us?!" Atsumu frowns, a small pout forming on his lips.

"And ta think. I was considerin' teachin' ya how to make onigiri." Osamu shakes his head in mock disappointment, his eyes narrowing.

Both of them just managed to worsen things. In fact, you were sure you were gonna collapse soon if you couldn't calm yourself down. Suna takes a hold of your shoulders with a snicker, supporting your crouched form with ease. It's not like he had to bend over a lot anyways, his horrible posture helped with that much. Kita was confused as to what you found so hilarious in the first place, he was concerned even.

You take a couple deep inhales to bring yourself back to reality after feeling satisfied with how hard you laughed. You bring up a finger to wipe away any stray tears. It felt good to just be a teenager for the first time in a few weeks. Everything about that "love square" was exhausting, so this opportunity to let loose and relax with the Inarizaki boys was one you were gladly taking up and advantage of.

"God, I needed that." You sigh a minute or so later.

As if a light bulb goes off in Atsumu's head, he audibly shows his understanding with an 'oooohhhhh' and slaps himself lightly on the forehead. "Ahhh now I get it. See, Samu, I'm a comedian."

"Yer not a comedian."

"Am too."

"Are not."

"Am too!"

Yeah. You needed that.