Chapter 1: The Promotion

Sven's POV:
I was waiting for my turn in the showers when I saw him stroll past. Shuffling a small towel in his dripping white hair. He didn't notice me. But I noticed his cinnamon brown eyes and how they hid a mysterious story, but one look and I could tell those eyes belonged to a philosopher's spirit. I wanted to ask his name, and say 'Hey! I'm new to the airship division.' But he walked away and I felt a hand on my shoulder. Turning around, my eyes nearly popped out of their sockets, "Cheif?! Right Hand Man!?" Instinctually, I bow to my bosses. "Sirs, it's an honour to be working with you." I am still confused as to why was I transferred here.
The Cheif chuckled softly turning to RHM, "Relax Svensson. We just wanna talk. I bet you're wondering why we transferred you here." Right Hand said in his raspy voice. I straightened my back. They were the ones who transferred me? Why do they want me specifically?
"J-Ja." I said through my accent "The weaponry on the east coast is running smoothly thanks to me. But, I'm not sure for how long." I was one of the best when it came to weapon care. I guess my no-good father drilled it into me.
"Yes. We've noticed how well you took charge of that facility." Reginald spoke. "And especially when the reports came back about that low-level gang you took care of. We are impressed and we have a proposal for you." He sat on the bench and RHM and I copied. They sat on each side of me.
"I'm flattered. But I'm not looking for a husband." I joked, trying to distract myself from this anxiety building up in my chest. They snicker.
"Not like that Svensson my boy." Right Hand put his hand on my shoulder. "Would you accept a promotion for the 3rd in command position?"
"WHAT!?" I jumped off the bench. Me? A leader? No, I couldn't, could I?  "You want me to be a leader?" I'm too shy about such a thing. I was the quiet kid in school. I never wanted to be the center of attention, even if I did shoot up the place in my last year of high school, I'm surprised no one even found out it was me.
"You got what it takes boy. I've seen you when we stopped by to evaluate, and I gotta say..." RHM paused. I gulped. "I think you got what it takes to take over the clan someday."
I was frozen. "But... I'm just a weapons expert. Why would I be suited to replace the Cheif? I only took charge back there because those buffoons were incredibly incompetent!" It's a miracle I didn't kill them. They didn't even know how to cock a Glock let alone clean a rifle. But now I'm here being asked to take the torch if something were to happen the two bosses.
"And you did a great job getting their acts together. Right Hand and I believe you have the potential to be a great leader, Sven. And we'll teach you everything you need to know." Reginald said softly, attempting to calm me down. It was working somehow.
I sigh "If you say so, sir." I thought of that brown-eyed beauty. If I stay here I could see him again sooner or later. "I'll... I accept your offer. And I will do my best not to let you down."
"Perfect! Oh and about the next Cheif stuff, let's keep this between just us. Now enjoy your shower Sevensson. We'll get the paperwork filled out for your promotion." The Cheif says as he stands up with RHM.
They walk away and I take my shower. The whole time I'm nervous. What if I screw up? What if they don't respect me? What if people make fun of my accent when I'm trying to give commands? Those brown eyes pop up in my head again. There was something so peaceful about them. I calmed down thinking about him.
Yes. I'm gay. But I keep it to myself. I had to mark my sexuality in my file, but I hacked it making it restricted to everyone but high status Toppats. My father was homophobic. A lot of people in that swedish village were, but my father was the worst. I don't regret leaving my home country. I don't regret that bullet I gave my old man. He would always be drunk and abuse me. I bet he's rotting in hell right now. I have found my true home. The toppats. Though I don't talk to others that much I'm grateful for the first time in my life. Brown eyes.💙 I hope I see them again.