Chapter 3: Attacked

Sven's POV:
"I... I'm sorry Sv-Sir." He said.
"Nah. It's fine! To be frank, I don't understand it all either." I lift my palm to my upper left cheek when I noticed tears starting to form. That salty liquid wasn't from what he said, but from my mind, reminding myself I could never tell him my feelings. Even if I do offer him a promotion when I do take the position as Cheif, Who knows if he'll take it. And then if I ever do tell him my crush, I'm uncertain he'd feel the same way. "I'm no leader. But..." I kept talking. "Right Hand Man and Cheif say I got potential to take over the clan someday. That's top-secret so don't tell anyone! I don't know. I'll do it if I have to... But..." I trailed off. Trying to figure out why me. There could've been ANYONE better than me. But they chose a Swedish boy living in Florida.
My thoughts were interrupted by a hand ruffling my hair. "B-Burt?"
He Jolt's up looking a little red. Wait, is that blush? He took his hand away and held it. "Sorry! It's just... Your hair... It's so fluffy and shiny! What products do you use?" He was hiding his face at this point. Is there a chance?
"Oh, too many to list," I answered, but I wonder. If I tell him, would he accept my feelings? Would he accept a promotion? "By the way, I've been meaning to thank you again! Your advice that day helped me to..." Something came into focus from the corner of my eye "Oh, no."
I stand up and Burt does the same. "Those are military-issued choppers! We gotta warn the Cheif!" I unbutton my jacket to reach my holster. "Get down!" I shove Burt towards the door to security as one of the helicopters approaches... us? Now they're shooting. It's hard to breathe properly when on defence this high up, so I loosen my tie. "I may be Swedish... But I'll whoop your ASS like a Russian spy!" I fire my pistol at the sniper and protect Curtis. Can Burt even fight? Damn. If I promote him, he'd have no choice. I grab his arm and bolted for the Control Deck. "This way!" He's so lean. There seems to barely be enough muscle on his bones for combat. There goes that idea. Why can't I just change the rules? People would get suspicious and try to dethrone me (For lack of a better way to put it.) So that's it... It's unrequited love. Heck, if hanahaki was real, I'd be coughing up flowers on my deathbed. I can't focus on that right now!
We made it to the deck "Sir! We're being attacked by... S-Sir?" There's a man with white hair, dark red eyes, and no top hat pointing a gun at RHM.
"Stickmin, there's - zzzz..." The earpiece he was wearing was all static. So this guy's sir name is Stickmin? Oh, you're on the blacklist for sure, pal.
"Sven?" Reginald turns his head to the side so I'm in his view. So does Righ Hand.
"Svensson! Evacuate the airship. And move to location Omega!" Shouts Right Hand.
I nodded "Yes, Sir." No. The Cheif needs help! He's gonna get captured and I'll have to take his place! No, no, no. I don't want that! Why did I accept this position? All these thoughts ran through my head as I ran through the halls as Burt used his headset to get everyone to the escape pods.
The trip to location Omega was long and tasking. I look up. Wait... Do they expect me to pick up THAT project?! "We're at our destination. But there's no time to rest." I address the clan and they settle down. "You don't know this, but the Cheif has been training me to take his place. Until we can break out the bosses, I'm acting Cheif. Cheif Svensson." Man, have I grown a lot more confident. "It's time we pick up on a project Reginald started since earth is too dangerous for the clan to let our guards down. It's time to finish the space station project!" I strike a stoik, power pose as everyone cheers. They're cheering? I have their respect like that? I peer down to see Burt and shot him a grin. But he didn't see. He's looking away... Sad? I can't do anything as he walks away, and I'm swarmed by toppats asking questions and... Something about pizza? Burt. Wait for me, please.