Chapter 6

Oh my... How many months has it been since I last updated this story xD I had a serious writter's block but now I'm here with a new chapter. I don't know if I'm satisfied by it buuuut it is better than nothing right?

I'm waiting for your lovely comments and I hope you have fun!

LOVE YA ALL!

I don't own One Piece or Trafalgar Law (Sadly T-T) but I own the plot.

You hadn't realized you fell asleep last night only until you felt the sunlight hitting your face hard.

You slowly butterflied your eyelids so as to get used to the strong light and stood up rubbing the eyes in an effort to ease the irritating sensation.

You were laying on your bed, probably as a consequence of Law's actions and decided to go and find him in order to talk about your planning surgery.

You headed towards the kitchen to find the young man already awake, drinking his morning coffee.

"Ah good you are awake." he said and you just smiled at him as a reply while taking a hold of a mug to pour some coffee too.

"You are not going to drink this. We need your stomach empty." he responded and you looked at him confused.

"I'm ready for the operation. I finished studying everything I needed to know to do it."

Your eyes widen at his words not knowing how you should feel.

From the one side you were happy as there was a chance for you to finally get rid of this disease and live your life to the fullest. However, getting to know Law a bit better those past few days, you could tell he was a man of his word, different from the other cruel pirates, and he would do anything to cure this illness of yours. So this fact made you feel a strong sense of negativity towards the possibility of a misfortune during the operation. Not only you would lose your life but you also didn't want a sad expression to be placed on this handsome face of his.

Wait... handsome?

When did you start using such adjectives for his person?

" (Y/N)-ya?", he asked you confused by whatever strange face you made and his smooth voice brought back to reality.

"Uhm, alright..." you answered and he smirked pleased by your reply. "But can a surgery like that happen inside a house? I mean shouldn't we go to the hospital or something?"

"I have everything I need once I step inside my Room so don't worry about that. You just have to relax and trust me.", he responded and took another one sip from his coffee. He then rested his gaze on your (E/C) eyes and observed your expression. He could tell you were thinking over a subject you couldn't express.

"You trust me, right?" he questioned you still examining your reaction.

You avoided eye contact with him and suddenly, the kitchen's carpet became the most interesting thing in the world for you.

"I trust you..." you responded and the raven haired placed his mug on the sink.

"Alright then we should start prepar..." he started to say while walking at the door when your hand caught his hoodie's sleeve something that made him turn his attention on you.

"I-If something bad happens, I-I don't want you to blame yourself..." you said and looked at him with a warm and sensitive glance, Law had never seen you wearing it from the day he first met you about a week ago.

This side of you was the completely opposite from the one he got to know you and he never thought you would have been able to feel so much affection over a stranger because he cared about you.

This fact even made him wonder if ever someone else cared truly about you in your life and a weird sense of déjà vu grew on his chest, remembering the time when himself was helpless and alone with a deadly disease absorbing his lifespan.

He lifted his hands and cupped your cheeks making you look at his mesmerizing stormy eyes.

"Everything will be fine." he ensured you with a determined expression and that was enough for you to carve a smile on your lips.

"Let's do this!" you answered and received also a smirk from the said man.

~...~

You were laying comfortably on your bed and Law prepared the already sterilized surgical tools he was going to use, right beside you.

"I know this is not a suitable place for such a surgery but as long as we don't have access on my submarine and your health condition is critical we have to do it now. Also I will have activated my Room on you the whole time so everything will be under control and at the perfect circumstances." he explained and you nodded in agreement to move on.

The young doctor took a syringe with anesthetic medicine inside and tapped it slightly with his fingers so as remove the air bubbles. He then placed the needle gently into your vein and after a minute or two you felt your eyelids heavy enough, falling unconscious.

The doctor called for his Room and the infamous blue hemisphere developed around you two. He revealed your chest just barely so as to appear the area he was going to work on.

Then, he took a hold of his scalper and looked at your peaceful face.

"From now on everything will be different, I promise." he whispered to you in a determined tone and began the surgery.

~...~

He didn't even know how many hours passed working on your heart's treatment when he finally dismissed his ability and dropped near the bed on the floor clearly exhausted.

He would lie if he said that you were an easy case but for Law the hardest meant the most exciting and interesting.

He successfully achieved to remove every single piece of stone on your heart and the organ was working normally again by the end of the surgery. Though there was a hard moment when your heart stopped beating but maintaining his equanimity he called for his counter shock move and defibrillated it making it work again rhythmically.

He was glad about this small victory of his and those moments reminded him of why he always wanted to be a doctor.

To be able to save lives like he did to you now.

He closed his eyes for a while so as to get some rest, relieved your condition was stabled enough and leaned his head to touch the bed's edge.

He couldn't wait for you to wake up and see your expression so he can spit a 'I told you I would do it' to your surprised face.

Suddenly, he heard the door smashing and many steps approaching the room.

He didn't have enough time though to act as when he opened his tired eyes he came face to face with a lot of marine soldiers that surrounded him having their guns pointed at him.

He left a growl escape his lips and narrowed his gaze at them dangerously.

*Shit, I don't have enough stamina to activate my room...*

"Trafalgar Law you are under arrest! You better come with us if you want to live." the leader talked and the surgeon of death, as ironically used to call him at the Navy, sighed defeated.