Chapter 4

Hey there! I want to note that the illness reader-chan suffers of, doesn't exist. I just thought it could be a possible one in OP world and it sure has a dramatic sense for this story xD.

Also describing the female character as a cold-hearted personality doesn't have to do with you at all! So please don't take it offensive!

I don't own anything but the plot!

Don't forget to leave a comment <3 I love reading them! 

Hope you like it <3 

xoxoxo

You laid on your bed looking at the ceiling in the middle of the night, feeling your empty stomach growling.

"I should have eaten that fish..." you murmured and sighed defeated.

You moved the blanket aside and jumped from your bed, heading for your bedroom's exit while trying to make as less noise you could by walking on your toes.

You opened the wooden, cricking door slowly and went towards the kitchen where the plate was placed in the spot that man had left it, on the table.

You grabbed the fork, beside it and took a bite from the grilled fish.

Even though cold, it was quite tasty so you began devouring it quickly.

"It is good, isn't it?" a voice from behind you was heard and suddenly, jumping surprised as you got caught, a fish bone stuck on your throat and you started choking.

You could still breathe but you felt its sharp edges, wounding your trachea so you cough in an effort to take it out.

"Uhm, lean forward and cough with all of your power." Law said looking a bit puzzled from the abrupt incident.

After some minutes of you following his orders, you managed to get the fish bone out of your throat, taking many deep breaths so as to calm yourself.

"I-I thought you were asleep." you talked panting.

"I had enough rest through the day." he explained and approached you but you walked some steps away keeping the distance between you and him.

"You don't seem fine, let me examine you. I'm a doctor." he rationalized his actions.

"Y-you are a doctor?" you repeated mostly for you to check if you heard wrongly.

"Yes.", the man replied again and received a big frown from you.

"I don't like doctors..." you said and took the dish to place it aside into the sink so as to remember clean it in the morning.

"Is there a specific reason?" Law questioned you, curious.

"You are all liars. Firstly you give hopes for a disease's cure and then you put a pitiful face saying a silly excuse like 'there is nothing more I can do' and leave, taking a fortune with you.", you clarified and opened the cupboard to grab the small bottle again that contained your heart pills so as to take one.

This incident with the fish bone made your circulation run faster due to the adrenaline's increased production, as a consequence your heart had to beat more times, something that provoked the appearance of the familiar pain on your chest.

"We are not all the same..." Law commented, feeling a bit offended you put him in the same place with the other common doctors.

"I don't trust you." you made it clear again, emphasizing every word and walked off from the room.

The young man didn't bother to controvert you as he already knew you had set your opinion about this profession and every word of defense he would try to speak, it would go wasted.

He left a sigh annoyed by the situation.

Law could feel you though as he doesn't trust easily the other medical colleagues too.

He still remembers the doctors' disgusted expressions when he uncovered the Amber Lead Syndrome and promised to himself that he would never end up being like them.

The man then, walked towards the cupboard and took a hold of the heart pill's bottle so as to process the chemical ingredients.

*I've read about this therapy... I have to study the pathophysiology of the disease though again but I remember that the heart is actually turning into a stone from calcification.*, he thought and placed back the object on its previous position.

Law took this case more like a provocation between all the other doctors and him.

"There is no illness I can't cure...", he murmured in a frown, having a determined tone on his voice and left the kitchen, turning off the lights on his way.

~...~

You stood behind your window, watching the dawn's colors giving life on the forest's scenery that surrounded your house.

You hadn't slept at all the whole night but just stayed awake thinking of your life.

You hid so much anger inside your soul as from the time your parents died you never met someone to really care about you and hold your hand to drag you out of the sadness.

You weren't like that though, forever. Contrariwise, you used to be an adorable little girl full of liveliness, smiling happily all the time with so much readiness to explore the world.

Your lips carved a smile at the image of your younger self playing carefree at the spot you had set your gaze, right outside of the window.

However, many things happened from then and you wore the casual blank expression of yours to walk out of your bedroom, ready to start your day again.

~...~

At the living room of the same house, Law had fallen asleep on a chair, behind the room's table while reading a medical book.

You happened to pass by the door and you observed it was slightly open, so you decided to cast a glance over the said young man.

He was sleeping peacefully with his face on his book and you approached his figure, grabbing the blanket that laid on the sofa.

Afterwards, you brought it on top of his back so as not to catch a cold and took some time to process his features.

It was the last thing you wanted a stranger who settled in a corner, inside your own house to get ill and have additionally to take care of him.

He seemed to be on his 19th year of age, not very older than you and a quite handsome one. With the black, soft hair falling like feathers on his face, the closed sharp eyes, thick lips and the goatee that decorated his tanned face.

Wait! What were you thinking about?! He was a dangerous criminal, living in your house... right?!

You touched your heated cheeks in an effort to collect yourself and get back to reality.

Then, your eyes fell on the book's page he was studying before the sweet hug of Morpheus overwhelmed him.

"Stone heart syndrome...", you read the title and placed a sad smile on your lips .

It was a surprise for you to see that he discovered about your disease and made his mind to cure it.

"Silly, don't get your hopes up... You will end up breaking your heart. Just let mine be the only one here.", you whispered to him, being sure he couldn't listen to your words and walked off the room.