Chapter 2

Many people think you are a heartless person. An ironical opinion as this state was true both literally and metaphorically.

Every time a doctor verified the inadequacy of this disease's cure, you could feel your inner lust for life getting even less.

In the end you filled your heart with misery and sadness and distanced yourself from the other people.

You hoped for a miracle to appear for a long time but unfortunately you gave up on that when time passed and just kept living and waiting the day you were going to die.

The sunbeam hit your open eyes and you had to put a hand in front of them to prevent it.

The figure of yours was still lying on the soft mattress of your bed, trying to find a satisfying reason to stand up.

Suddenly, a thought crossed your mind and you jumped up immediately heading towards the bathroom to get ready.

It's Friday and like every Friday new books arrive at your favorite bookstore and that means new adventures and knowledge ahead!!!

You rushed and dressed up, took your keys, some money and stepped outside.

Then you walked as faster you could in order to be there in time when it opens.

A sunray reached your face and you lifted your head, feeling the warmth it provided.

It was a sunny day with not a single cloud in the sky and a bit windy but only enough to keep the temperature just right.

After some minutes you reached the well-known little town for you and headed for the old traditional bookstore.

Wandering into the streets your eyes instinctively searched for the man you met yesterday.

It wasn't like you were dying to see him again but he said he would stay in this island for some time.

After all you owed him and you never liked this feeling of being in debt of someone.

You stopped right outside of the bookstore's retro vitrine and saw the owner placing his new books beautifully at the front of it.

You opened the door and a bell rang, letting the elder man know that a customer entered his shop.

"How can I...", he began to say having a smile carved on his lips but his expression changed into an annoyed one when he understood who was the girl in front of him. "... help you miss?", he continued his sentence.

"I would like to check your new arrivals!", you simply answered and he guided you towards the shelf with the new books.

You took your time on reading the description and picking the ones that interested you most, concluding finally to 17 books in total.

The owner, peeved enough took the books from your hands and started placing them inside two bags.

"You emptied my shelves again... You never leave new arrivals for the other costumers... How selfish can you be?", he murmured to you.

"Well I pay for these... I'm not stealing them.", you blankly replied not in the mood to argue with the older man.

"Say this to my other unsatisfied costumers that can't find a book of their liking because you are buying them all!", he continued and threw the books out of their bags on the floor.

"You are not taking these! Leave from here and don't dare to come again!", he added completely furious.

"If the people of this town read books they wouldn't be so stupid!", you yelled at him back at the same tone as he and turned your back to exit the place when you bumped into something hard.

You growled in pain and lifted your head to see the burden you fell on.

It was the same man that bought you the food and got you out of trouble with that pirate yesterday.

He must had entered the shop while you were fighting with the bookstore's owner and didn't hear the door's bell.

"Tsk...", you just clicked your tongue irritated and moved aside in order to leave the place, followed by his gaze.

You began walking fast towards somewhere you didn't even know.

You let your feet guide you in a fast pace until you felt your heart aching that made you place a hand at the top of it.

*My pills... right, my pills... I forgot them at my house and didn't take my dose in the morning.*, you thought sweating as every move you made, increased the sharp pain on your chest.

You decided to sit down on a bench and wait until you could catch your breath again.

Suddenly, a shadow covered your vision and you moved your head up so as to recognize the person.

"What do you want again...", you asked annoyed and the man handed you two bags with books in them.

"I heard the conversation with the owner of that bookstore. I think these belong to you.", he explained.

"I-I don't need charity...", you harshly responded and stood up to leave again when he took a hold of your hand leaving the bags down on the ground.

"Wait you don't look fine!", he observed and pulled you closer to examine you facial expressions when he got interrupted by a bullet that passed right near his cheek.

"Trafalgar Law, you are under arrest. Come with us peacefully or else we have to attack you.", a marine yelled at the black-haired man and Law unsheathed his sword.

"Room.", he muttered and a blue hemisphere developed, including everyone inside.

Immediately, both you and Law got surrounded by a great number of marine soldiers.

A man went for your head and pointed his sword at your face, preparing his attack.

"W-wait! I'm not with him!!!", you tried to clear your position but the soldier didn't step back.

"We saw you talking with him so you are one of his comrades. You are under arrest too!", he talked.

"No, I'm not!!!", you denied his accusation.

"I'm not giving in. Fight me if you want!", Law answered calmly having a smirk carved on his lips and sliced the air cutting some marines in half.

The half bodies wafted in the air, screaming in help until Law stopped moving his tattooed finger and they fell down, knocked out.

You didn't know how to fight as your heart never let you keep a physical condition better than the normal and you got caught easily by a marine.

"Noo! Leave me alone! I don't know this man!", you yelled at him and Law turned his head towards your direction.

He rushed to save you and get both of you out of this situation when a sharp pain in his stomach stopped him.

Your eyes widened in shock and as much you were screaming his name out of your lungs, he didn't seem to realize what had just happened.

Law lowered his head at the sensation of a warm liquid coming out of his belly and touched the blood with his hand in an effort to stop the bleeding.

*Fuck...*, he thought and decided to act quickly with as much energy had left in the moment.

Having his room still activated, moved his fingers and teleported both you and him in a place a bit further from the spot, the navy soldiers attacked you, inside the woods.

Suddenly, when he got sure you were out of danger and feeling his eyelids heavy enough to keep them open, he passed out right in front of you.