Blurb: Mat gets nominated for a Grammy

Mat couldn't believe today was the day. He'd finally finished recording, mixing, tweaking and his album was ready to be released - tonight. So of course he'd invited everyone to come back to the place it started. Dan closed the whole café off for them, and it was now packed with anyone who had a hand in making or inspiring the album - his agent had sent out invitation to a couple critics too.

As he stood by the bar with Barry, he couldn't keep his eyes off of you, standing next to his sister laughing at something she said. Yours and Liana's friendship had grown quickly after you first met, she was over the moon to have you. Always bugging her brother whenever they talked to see if you were around, until you just gave her your number instead.

He's shaken out of his thoughts as Barry pats his shoulder, "I'm proud of you, kid".

"Thank you, Barry - for everything"

During the few moments he took his eyes away from you, you'd made your way over, but he doesn't even need too look who it is when you link your arm around his. You lean your head on his shoulder and Barry gives you a smile before exusing himself, giving you a moment of privacy in the crowd.

"Hi, baby" he murmurs, sliding his arm out of your grasp only to wrap his arms around your waist. "Hi, love" you slide your arms up his chest.

"I had an interesting conversation with that guy over there earlier" you say, nudging your head towards the guy who's stood next too Anders and Jordan. "Oh?" Mat raises his brow at you. You hum, "his name's Gary, he's a critic for the New York Times" - your smile grows as the words leave your mouth.

"No way" his eyes widen in shock and you nod. "he loves the café, said his espresso martini was the best he's ever had" you say teasingly.

"Babe- c'mon" Mat urges you.

"What?" you play innocent.

"Did he say anything about the album?"

"Oh, he hated it," you don't even wait a second for your sarcastic remark to stick before you tell him what Gary actually said. "Mat, he loved it. He's coming over here as soon as he's done talking to the guys - Anders started talking about the good old days back when you lived together, so he'll be stuck a while" you laugh before continuing.

You see the flash of nervousness and instinctively slide your hand up to his neck, your fingers finding the hair at the nape of his neck. You run your hands trough the short strands, tugging slightly, and he instantly relaxes.

"Just be you" you smile and he lets out a breath, leaning into your touch. He kisses your forehead softly.

You both hear Liana before you see her - "stop being so cute"

Mat chuckles, smiling against your skin. Turning towards his sister, "nope, can't help myself around her". You shake your head with a smile on your face as you look at Liana. You lean away from him a little to include her.

"I need a drink" she says, "I think they have some juice boxes behind the bar" Mat pokes fun at her, making her stick out her tongue.

"A vodka cranberry does sound like a good idea" you add, winking at Liana. "Oooh" she raises her brow at you, liking the suggestion. "it's great you get along and all, but this" Mat points between the two of you, "this ganging up against me thing-" he tsks and shakes his head.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom quickly before Gary comes over" you ignore his words, excusing yourself with a laugh, kissing Mat's cheek before you go.

He watches you as you walk away, but the look his sister is giving him doesn't go unnoticed. "Don't ever let her go" Liana says, her usually sweet face is now stern - a clear warning as she points his finger at him. It's not the first time she's said something like this and he's sure it won't be the last - but he never hesitates to reassure her.

"Trust me, I will hold on as long as she lets me"