Blurb: First Album Release Party

You're laying cuddled up in your living room, Mat's head resting on your chest as you try to focus on the TV, knowing that Mat could get a call at any moment.

You have a feeling he'll be nominated, you know that he deserves it, but regardless you're so proud of him - Grammy or no Grammy.

Mat's mind is running a mile a minute.

Is my phone going to ring soon? Will I be nominated? Do I even deserve to be nominated? It'd be kind of cool to win tho- Stop, you're not even nominated yet, Mat.

You feel him tense up, and you run your fingers through his hair, scratching his scalp to soothe him. He looks at you, his mind calms when you give him that smile that never fails to reassure him.

"You could be nominated for a hundred Grammys or none and it doesn't change how amazing you are, doesn't change how proud I am of you or how much I love you, ok?"

He sighs, shifting to lean his forehead against yours - "I love you" he murmurs against your lips before giving you a soft kiss.

His body relaxes on top of yours again as he nuzzles into your neck, focusing on your hand in his hair, trying to forget about the potential phone call. His mind has just settled completely when his phone rings.

His head shoots up and he looks at you, eyes bulging. He looks at the phone, then back to you a couple times, making you giggle - "well, answer it Mat" you rush him.

He sits up and reaches over to the coffee table answering his phone with clumsy fingers. You sit up next to him, rubbing his back as you try to listen.

"Hey man, what's up?" Mat tries to play casual, cringing at himself and you contain a laugh. You can't quite hear the other side of the call, but by Mat's face alone you know.

He's been nominated.

He shoots up out of the couch, a celebratory shout that you're sure your whole street can hear leaves him, and it's a bit of a blur as he thanks his team over the phone before hanging up and turning to you.

"I fucking knew it, baby" you say, jumping on him, he catches you easily as you wrap your arms and legs around him, hugging him tightly. His lips are on your neck before he kisses your cheeks.

"Wouldn't be here without you" he kisses you deeply, sitting you both down on the couch again with you straddling him.

You hum into the kiss, remembering something. You give him a smirk as you break away, putting a finger to his lips - "stay here". After standing up you run to the kitchen to grab the hidden bottle of Champagne you bought for exactly this occasion.

He looks at you in awe when you come back with the bottle and two glasses. handing the bottle to him, you straddle him again, "do the honors?"

He pops it with ease, and when a little threatens to spill over, he brings the bottle to your lips and you try not to laugh as you save the bubbles from spilling.

You hold the glasses between your bodies and he fills them, it's a bit clumsy due to the lack of space, but he doesn't spill anything. Handing him his glass you take the bottle and blindly put in on the floor next to the couch.

You hold your glass up to him, "to winning your first Grammy" you smirk.

"I haven't-"

"To winning your first Grammy" you give him a stern look as you clink your glass against, smiling softly as he blushes at the thought.

Even though Mat's hesitant to think about the possibility of winning, he knows exactly who to thank in his speech. The most important person in his life - you.