part 005 - (karl)

what I'm believing is that the present year of the dream smp is 2021, our current year, and that the year that cy is currently living is only in the triple digits.

kinda fucked this, my bad. quite upset with it, but you know what? fuck it.

word count: 10,512

(third person pov)

"Valan!" Cy's voice called out, exiting out of the Nether Portal while stretching her arm out to the sky. Cy didn't particularly like bringing Valan into the Nether, it was very hot in the Nether and you couldn't use water because it'll evaporate just as quickly, so she usually had her sweet bird outside in the Overworld to wait for her. She let out a deep sigh as she ran her hand through her hair, being mindful of her antlers, before humming softly when she heard the cry of her bird, she chuckled to herself when Valan landed on her arm and started rubbing her cheek against her own "Did you find anything, my sweet bird?" she asked, pulling out a couple berries and having her eat out of the palm of her hand.

"val didn't find anything."

"we couldn't find anything."

"there wasn't anything to find."

"how was the nether?"

"it's boring without pretty lady."

"i'm hungry too."

Cy couldn't necessarily talk nor understand Valan like her birds, she was Philza's-- she lowered her gaze at the thought of Philza, it's been a couple centuries since the last time that man sent her a letter, or Tinan at that. The moment she noticed that she wasn't aging compared to the others around her was probably when she visited the village once more and that the villagers were getting older while she still retained her youthful look. It was scary, watching that the people, even the animals around her, growing old and dying while she remained young, she was only grateful that Valan was still with her. She was the only thing she had left, her longest living friend and the only reminder she had of Philza. Valan noticed her dampened mood so she quickly moved and sat on her shoulder and started opened one of her wings and managed to wrap it around her head before leaning against the side of her head, she hummed at the affection and leaned her head in the direction Valan was.

"Ah, I'm glad to have you by my side, Val. I wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have you." she giggled when she noticed Valan's chest buff out with pride, letting out squawks as her birds hovered around them both and let out tweets of agreement "Hehe, shall we go home? I've got what I wanted, now it's time to relax." they all let out more squawks and tweets of agreement before fluttering around her, some even flying ahead. As usual, Valan didn't leave her side and sat snuggly on her shoulder. They weren't near a snowy biome and she didn't live in a taiga biome but it was beginning to get colder with winter approaching, she had more than enough wood and food to survive so she had nothing to fear. She didn't necessarily like the cold either, it made her feel sluggish and and fatigued. She disliked the cold so much that she'd rather be in the Nether cause at least it made her feel more alive. She pressed her hand against a passing tree, smiling to herself when she felt the wind blow through and blow her hair back slightly.

'Everyday there's always something new.' she thought to herself, brushing pass many bushes and flowers beneath her feet then pushed through a couple vines and smiled to herself when she stood atop a hill littered with various flowers that also overlooked her lovely cottage. She had been growing the flowers on the hill for many years just to sit within the flowers and bathe in the light of the sun, she enjoyed doing that very much because it was a nice way to pass time, she inhaled deeply through her nose 'Life couldn't be bet--'