part 007 - (dream!team)

deadass caked the ending of this chapter but I just fucking had to end this damned chapter, it just got too damn long.

that is all.

word count: 38,935

(third person pov)

"Haa..." Cy tiredly breathes out, she was currently laying in a bank of water, stripped out of her cloak, boots and socks and laying on the side with all her belongings laying on top of it. Her eyes were closed as her hair and everything loose was floating in the water, she slowly opens her eyes and hums softly when she hears the sound of axolotls yipping while swimming around her, some jumping out of the water and over her while a few approached her and caressed their heads on her cheeks "I am one of the axolotls..." she murmurs softly as she continues to lazily float in the water, feeling rather blissful in her short lived moment of peace.

Several more hundred years blew by and any kind of communication she got from X were short one liner answers from the man; he always did apologize whenever he knew that she wanted him to visit but he could never stop by to at least say hi or say a couple words to ease her aching and lonely heart. There were so many occasions where her loneliness got so unbearable that she would practically stay weeks and weeks in her bed without leaving but the only reason she would ever leave was to tend to her countless gardens and feed all the stray animals that would approach her house. Valan would frown whenever she saw the light in her eyes simmer out, the light would only flicker in her eyes whenever she would go into the Nether and play with the baby piglins, or when she would find an Ocean Monument or by chance find a Stronghold without using the Eye of Ender.

Satisfying her curiosity would be the only thing that would make her happy.

"How long has it been...?" she murmured to herself, her birds that were either laying on her or spinning in circles in the water, flap their wings before tweeting.

"centuries!"

"a couple hundred thousand years."

"and still counting."

"give or take." she purses her lips at that, snapping her fingers and waving her finger.

"That... That sounds about right." she let's her arm fall back into the water with a splash, her other arm resting on her stomach while the one in the water was swaying back and forward. She giggles softly when she feels the axolotls nipping at her fingertips or gently caressing their bodies against hers, she closes her eyes once more as she let's her body drift with the water "Maybe I should go exploring again..." she murmured.

"make friends?"

"make more friends?"

"find people?"

"Friends? People?" she mutters softly, she exhales deeply as she looks up at the sky "Sounds a little overrated..." she chuckles softly when she heard her birds chatter once more.

"bruh."

"that's what lonely people say."

"well, she is lonely."

"that mask guy left her."

"she has no one."

"that's not poggers."

"Stop talking about my loneliness." she grumbles, she let's out a groan as she presses her hands against her face when she heard her birds laugh. She huffs as she slams her hands into the water and creates a giant splash, causing a few of her birds the scatter and the maelstrom of axolotls to swim away. She sighs to herself before letting her body sink into the water until her body hit the bottom, holding her breath under water was not a hassle at all, but she couldn't drown herself even if she wanted too. She closes her eyes once more and allows herself to be surrounded by the fish passing by, squids and glow squids that happened to approach her or the returning axolotls that dispersed from before.