Chapter 5

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and made my way towards the rendezvous we had agreed on. With every step, I grew more and more weary of the fact that if I leave now there is no turning back. No coming back home. I will be on the run for potentially my whole life. But that was a risk I am willing to take if it meant saving Noah, the one person who doesn't look at me and think I'm crazy, the one person who understands not only me but my soul. And I knew if I were in his position he would do the exact same for me.

I was almost at the rendezvous when I felt a sudden urge to turn back and go home, to my mother, to Liz. Even though I knew turning back now would mean I could live a normal life, not looking over my shoulder all and forever but I also knew if I didn't go and help Noah he would never forgive me ever. Just like I wouldn't forgive him.

I pushed the door to the barn open and took one timid step in, my boots crunching softly against the hay. My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness; I reached into my boot to get out a flashlight when I was tackled to the ground. My head hit the haystack some poking into my ear. I was about to flip the attacker off me when I heard Rose's unmistakable voice cry, "Willow!"

I felt the attacker being pried off of me, when I finally sat up rubbing the side of my head, I looked up to see a guilty looking Bex, a smirking Mace, a distressed Rose and a concerned looking Noah.

"You know the next time you rugby tackle someone to the ground make sure you know who it is, alright Bex?" I said glaring slightly at her before breaking into a grin. But Bex didn't grin back at me as she would if I normally made a comment like that, in fact she was glaring at me! What on earth was going on?

We sat in absolute silence for around ten minutes. Ten minutes for everyone to pull themselves together. The a s it approached the eleventh minute of silence it all became to much and I had to ask,

"When are we leaving?"

"In five minutes." Noah replied from his spot by the window, he looked like a guard, watching and waiting. Now the five minutes were up and we gathered our things and headed for the backdoor when a gruff voice stopped us.

"Well, well, well. Look who the cat dragged in!" We all spun simultaneously and everyone had shock plastered on their faces. Well not me. I simply looked at the man and smirked.

"Well it took you long enough."