7. gifts - jimin

[late november, 2020]

i would tell the truth by saying that jimin's gift is the one that troubled me the most.
i had no idea what to gift him. i had completely no idea.

jimin is a really complicated person, i must admit it.

me and him have totally different personalities, we could say that we are complete opposites.

he loves wearing sparkly and extravagant clothes, while i prefer to keep up with a very basic all-black style.
i don't like being at the centre of attention, while he loves to show off. the situation is quite different on stage: when i have my mic and i see all those armys in front of me, me and jimin literally compete to be the attention-grabber of the group.
he loves to talk and physically show his affection towards the people around him, while i am more of a lonely and introverted person. i find it difficult to open up with people and express my emotions in such an open way.

since the beginning of our journey in bangtan, i have always been almost intimidated by jimin.

i am sure you all remember his appearance in our first two years of activity in the music industry.
with his black eyeliner makeup, his strong built-up physic and his high-advanced dancing skills, i admired jimin with all my heart.

and to be honest, he was also such a flirt.
he didn't loose a chance to show himself off.
if he would have done the same now, i would have done nothing but laughed at him.

i can hardly believe that 2013-jimin and now-jimin are the same person.

my relationship with him has always been kinda weird: every day we go from loving each other to hating each other, and this happens continuously.

just a few days ago we fought for one of the dumbest reasons we could argue for. we were having a discussion about the color yellow.
i naively said that i am not a huge fan of yellow.
i think it's a pretty ugly color, it is too bright for me and doesn't completely represent my personality or follow my aesthetic.
it is a matter of taste. i just expressed my opinion. never could i have expected him to react in that way.

jimin took that a little too personal, and we found ourselves arguing.

jimin thought that my that my hatred of the color yellow was just a metaphor, a way to say that, in reality, i hated chimmy, the character that represents jimin in bt21.
we argued for i don't even know how much, in front of the shocked faces of the other members, who didn't know if it would have been better to stop us or let us keep screaming at eachother.

only after some time namjoon, as a good leader would do, divided us and scolded us both.
he sent us to our room and told us that he didn't want to hear a word of us that weren't words of apology and love.
i literally felt like a child scolded by a mother, but namjoon looked too scary not to follow his rules.
jimin, offended, locked himself in his room and swore to me that he would have never talked to me again.

it is almost ironic to say that after literally ten minutes he apologized to me, almost crying, hugging me so tightly that it hurt my ribs.

today, after weeks of search, i found something that may suit him and that may make him happy.
i chose to gift him a minimal and shiny necklace where the charm, if you look through it, allows you too see a picture.

it is basically a customizable necklace.

jimin loves wearing accessories, and especially necklaces. i think he will be happy receiving such a thing. let's hope i didn't mess up....

____

[the day of the party, 12/24/21]

"last but not least, jimin-ssi, here's your gift...."

"what's this?" jimin asked me.
"open it and you'll see"

the older boy gently opened the package and, opening the little heart-shaped box where the necklace was stored, he pulled it out, admiring it.

"what you are holding in your hands is not a simple necklace, but a small miniature picture: if you bring your eye close to the gem of the necklace, you will be able to see a photo i took during our debut period.
we were so young, don't you think? "

"oh shit, we're so tiny. guys, look!"
and so saying the boy in front of me proceeds to pass the necklace to all the other members, who are also impressed by the vision of a small photograph of us inside the necklace.
"that's so cool, i didn't know you could something like this."

"we were so young and clueless...
if i had the impossible chance to go back in time, at the time we debuted, and tell those young eight who they would have become, they wouldn't have believed me.
they had no idea that they would have become so famous, also known in the great america that we always thought as an unreachable goal...
it is incredible how far we have arrived.

do you remember how afraid we were of not being able to become known one day? we hadn't even debuted yet, but we were already afraid of disbanding..." i tell him, remembering those hard times.

"i still remember how tired you were. you have always worked so hard, jimin-ssi.
you overworked yourself, you forced yourself to do extreme diets, you skipped so many meals in order to appear pretty and talented.
you made me worry so much, jimin-ssi. it broke my heart seeing you like this.
i am so happy now, my heart flutters when i see you eating and relaxing, i can't help but smile whenever i see you healthy."

jimin gently places my hands on mine and smiles at me softly. we have been trough a lot, and he knows how worried he made me feel in the past.
during the worst days, i had to carry him around because he had no energy after having starved himself.
only thinking about all of this makes me feel so bad, and i can't help but shed tears at these thoughts.

"min-ah, don't cry omg" says the boy in front of me, hugging me tightly until my face is so close to feel his heartbeat "i don't know what i would have done without you."

"when i remember all the mess i have put you into i feel so bad...you are our maknae, you are the youngest here and i was supposed to make act like a older brother, protecting you and making you feel comfortable, but in reality you were the one that took care of me." jimin said. we stayed close for some time, until i calmed myself down.

"you don't need to apologise, oppa." i told him, looking at him in his eyes "taking care of you was one of the best things i could. you are so special to me, man. i will always take care of you. i'll be always there for you."

"i hope that everytime you are gonna wear this necklace and look at the picture inside of it, you'll get reminded of how much we have grown, how much you have grown.
look at that young boy and remind yourself of how such a strong man you are now.
keep being awesome, jimin-ssi and remember that you are loved, and that we are always be there for you, no matter what."

____

"yaaah-min, you have given us such wonderful giftss" said j-hope, hugging me from behind.

"i am so happy that you all liked them, love you guys"
"we love you tooooo"

____
author's note
hi guys! happy late easter (if you celebrate it)! we finally reached the end of this "christmas gift" serie. i hope you enjoyed it as much as i enjoyed writing it.
thank you for all the stars you left in the past chapters, i really appreciate your support.

"film out" came out only some days ago and i'm obsessed. the song is fire, and i can't wait for the whole album to come out, what do you think about it?

stay tuned for new chapters!

as always,
love yourself and stay safe,
peace.
-meow