Chapter 1

So let me just start off by telling you the basics. My name is Ellie and I'm an 18 year old photographer. Well, at least one who's trying to get somewhere with it. I grew up in the beautiful California, but now I'm attending college in New York. My mom passed away when I was 15, and who knows where my dad is. He left me and my mom when I was 4, so I don't remember much about him. After my mom passed away my aunt and uncle took me in to raise me. Now I'm here in beautiful NYC going to college..all on my own. Wish me luck (:

////////////////

I woke up to my alarm pouring through my speakers waking me up for my 9am class. I opened my eyes and looked at the clock and turned the alarm off.

"Oh shit." I said as I exhaled.

The clock read 8:50am. There was no way I was gonna be able to get to the school on time. And yes, I'm lucky enough to have my aunt and uncle pay for an apartment while I'm here for school. I got up and got ready as fast as I could, straightened my long dirty blond hair, put on dark blue ripped skinny jeans with a black long sleeve with tan elbow patches and a white vest. I grabbed my coffee and banana, slipped on my brown boots, grabbed my bag and ran out the door. Not minding the people around me as I looked down at my phone to see the time read as "9:05am". Now, being in even more of hurry, I sprinted down the street to my school. Before I could even look up I ran right into someone, dropping my coffee, books, and my purse in the middle of the busy Monday morning New York sidewalk.

"Of corse..just my luck." I said stopping in my tracks.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going." The man told me as he handed back my books.

"No don't worry about it. Everyone's in a rush."

His fingers grazed over mine as I took my books from his hands.

"I'm Nate, Nate Archibald." He said stopping me before I could continue on to class.

"Well Nate, I'm late for an 9am."

"At least let me get you another coffee?"

"Thank you..for helping me pick up my stuff. I'll see you around." I said with a smile and started to rush to class.

Yeah, he was cute but the last thing I needed was a boy distracting me from school and from trying to find a photography job. I got to class around 9:20, and of corse had to talk to the professor about being late after class. After class I went back home and had lunch. I called my aunt and talked with her for a while. Me and my aunt are pretty close, I can usually tell her anything that's in my mind. Afterwards I went on my computer and looked up jobs for photography, anything would work. But nothing, well at least nothing without a degree or something. So I went outside and went for a run in the park, and when I got home it was around 7. I made myself dinner and watched the bachelor then went to bed. This time I set my alarm for 6:15am, and turned the volume all the way up.