Chapter 16

I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, not being able to fall back asleep I got up to the rain coming down hard form outside and I poured myself a cup of coffee. I sat by the window sill as I watched the rain. Nate was the only thing I was thinking about. He was in the other room and all I could think about was him, he was 24/7 on my mind. Besides the rain falling I could hear his heaving breathing in the other room, it was my favorite. He's so perfect to me in every way, he's my safe house. He's my home. I walked into his bedroom and I looked at the clock "4:15". I crawled back into bed with him trying not to wake him up.

"You okay? You were up early.." He said in and out of sleep. His sleepy voice was so sexy.

"I'm fine baby, get some rest." I said kissing his lips and snuggled back up into him.

I dozed back off and woke up around 11:30. Nate of corse was in the kitchen making food for breakfast and some stuff to bring over to the Vanderwoods for thanksgiving today. Basically everyone's going to be there, Nate, me, my aunt uncle, Chuck, Blair, Serena, Dan, Serinas parents, and Balirs mom and her Step dad. I got up to help him with the food were going to bring. Dinner was going to be around 5 so we were cooking for a good couple of hours..and messing around a little haha. He makes me so happy. After we finished cooking it was around 3:30 so I started to get ready, I took a shower and Nate was always joking around walking in just to 'kiss me.' I finally got out and blow dried my hair so I could do it, I curled it and put it half up and half down with some loose hairs. I put on tan dress and a light brown leather jacket with some necklaces and tied it all together with my perfume. Then finally I slipped on my tan heals and did my makeup and by that time is was 4:30. We had to go pick up my aunt and uncle from my house so we grabbed the food and went to the lobby to get in Nates car. Nate was in a tux and he look so perfect. He grabbed my waist and pulled me into a kiss.

"We don't have to go tonight, we can just have your family over and have our own dinner." He told me not pulling me aside.

"Babe. Ha I'm okay, let's go." I kissed his lips and grabbed his hand to get into the car.

We picked up my family and headed over to the Vanderwoodens. We spent some time greeting everyone taking pictures and talking over Champaign. We started dinner around 6 and the food was so good, damn the upper east side knew how to have a thanksgiving. I was stuffed! We were all finishing up and sitting around the table talking Nate got up to take a call. I was taking a while so I went upstairs to where he was to check on him. I walked into the room and saw him on the phone.

"Well that's not enough time! I don't know what the hell you think this is." He started razing his voice.

I peaked my head into the door way and saw him getting frustrated. I walked up behind him and put my hand on his shoulder and started to rub his back. I couldn't quite make out who was on the other line but they kept repeating "Have it in by the 15th or your done." I started to get worried, Nate started to get tense. Nate hung up the phone without saying a goodbye to the other end. He put his hands on his head and rubbed his face. He took a deep breath, then another one.

"Babe..what's going on?" I started to rub his back again.

"Nothing, it's just. Nothing." I could tell he needed to get it out.

"Nate, look at me okay? You can tell me anything, anything." I said making eye contact with him.

"Well. Basically if I don't pay 50million to the president of the spectator, I'm gone. My job, everything I've worked my way up too will be gone. And I don't have that kind of money in less then a week. I-i just don't know what's going to happen." He started to get all tense again.

"Deep breaths babe." I said leading him over to the couch to sit on. "First of all why do you own all this money?"

"One of the interns I hired screwed up almost half of our blog and repairing it is what's costing so much."

"Well how come you have to pay for it..why aren't they charging the kid?!" I started to get mad.

"Any interns you hire are under the consult of you, you have to take full responsibility for anything they do. Until they're hired they can't take the blame for anything.." He held his head in his hands.

"Babe, look at me. I know well be able to get the money. You've worked to damn hard and long to get where you are, we're not going to let some stupid intern ruin it okay? We'll figure this out, but tonight lets have a good time. Maybe get you a little drunk to take your mind off this? Also maybe a little surprise for thanksgiving tonight? How dose that sound babe?" I said putting my hand on his thy.

"You always sound good." He said kissing my lips and letting out a slight chuckle.

We went back downstairs and I got Nate all the drinks he needed. We got home around 11 and I gave him the "present" that I promised I'd give him. I'm not really sure he'd remember tomorrow morning due to all the drinks, but I was going to do whatever I needed to do to keep that smile on his face. It was around 2 in the morning when we fell asleep next to eachother. Nate stayed in bed till 1ish. He was knocked out from last night.

"Good morning babe." He walked into the kitchen in his sleepy voice.

"Good afternoon baby." I giggled and kissed his lips. "I'll make you some food, okay?" He flopped onto the couch and grabbed his laptop.

I cooked up some stir fry and got him a big glass of water to help him get the drinks out of his system. I walked over and sat down next to him with our bowls of food.

"...babe.." He said staring at his laptop.

"What? Is everything okay?" I leaned closer to hi and glanced at his laptop screen. He was reading an email from the spectator.

Mr. Archibald,

We have received your check to support the damage caused to the Spectators web page. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the following information.

We both looked at each other for a good minute before I spoke.

"Well this is good right babe?"

"Well I mean...who sent the money in?" He kept looking at the laptop.

Our phones buzzed and I looked at the notification.

Gossip girl here, hope you haven't forgotten about me..looks like Golden Boy needed a little help with his 'big boy' business. And his charity case moving in? Looks like golden boy isn't so golden on his own.. Xoxo gg

/////////////////////////////////////

And I bet you guys thought I forgot about Gossip Girl (: don't worry, she'll pop in once in a while. Hope you guys enjoyed!! Please please comment and favorite!! It really does make me happy to hear your guys feed back. Love you all xx