Flipping the Pages

Part 18: Flipping the Pages

"Do you need help with that?" Wakko asked while watching Brain struggle with carrying the enormous book. At least, enormous in the mouse's perspective.

"I suppose so." Brain grunted, dropping the book in the process.

Wakko picked it up and waited for Brain to catch his breath. It only took a couple seconds for Brain to start walking again, only just barely. He stopped in front of a very dark opening, but it didn't belong to any dome.

"What's that?" Wakko questioned. "I didn't see that earlier."

"This is the library." Brain responded. By the look on Wakko's face, Brain added, "I anticipate you are querying what everything out here is supposed to be?"

Wakko nodded. "Is this like a relaxing area?"

"Yes." Brain pointed to a plush maroon couch, surrounding a set of two palm trees. One taller, one lower. "As you behold, that is a couch. Either for relaxing, or reading your novel."

"Oh, okay."

"Shall we enter?" Brain asked, gesturing to the entrance.

Wakko nodded. At that, Brain disappeared into the void known as the library. Wakko tailed him, also being swallowed by the shadows.

He completely stepped in, not expecting the library to be so... mystifying. The ceiling had a tiled pattern, with lights holding on like stalactites. Multiple pillars cascaded down from the ceiling to the ground while they individualized the walls. Plants rested next to the doorway, a colorful book-filled bookshelf on the wall next to them. A fireplace trapped a bright fire, the fire crackling it's normal sound and lightening up the silent room. The fireplace held a bunch of framed pictures, four settled on the top, two hung up on the large brick pole. A large tawny colored rug settled in the center of the wooden floors, while holding three seats. A large red one, a smaller yellow one and a rocking chair with a green blanket on it that Wakko assumed Nurse sat in while telling a story to her new family.

After a quick moment of standing still and staying silent, Wakko thought he might as well share his thoughts about this pleasing looking library.

"This place is.. awesome."

"Praise the ones who worked on it most." Brain replied.

"Who?"

"You won't believe if I inform."

"Awww, c'mon Brain! Tell me!" Wakko giggled with his tongue dangling out.

"All right, fine. I guess."

Wakko did a mental cheer and leaned in closer to Brain, hoping he wouldn't skreigh the answer in his ears like Hamton did when he first arrived.

"Your buddies." Brain calmly said.

"Elliot, Adrian and Preston?"

"Yes."

Wakko lit up at that; his new best friends - next to his siblings - built this library! The fireplace, the floors, the pillars..

"That's.. wow. Did anybody work with them?"

"I believe they, Nina, Traci and Isaac constructed this. But your buddies did most."

Wakko made a mental note to compliment them the next time he saw them. This so far was his favorite room in the entire ship, and he'd only been there about 30 seconds if he was right.

"Should we recommence?" Brain broke into his thoughts with his interrogation.

"Recommence?" Wakko puzzled. "Does that mean begin?"