✿ chapter 6 ✿

i saw that on tiktok n look, i like old men i make that known being my number 1 (n only) personality trait but excuse me SIR- anyways !!!

🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒

In the week prior their little moment River had distanced himself and acted cold towards Lola, but after the kissing incident River was nowhere to be seen, this of course took a toll on the sensitive girl's heart.

It had been four days, he hadn't even showed up to class. Lola stared at his empty seat besides her own everyday and wondered all the possibilities. Did he hate her? Was she that bad of a kisser? She had to admit it was her first kiss and she did possibly suck but so much so that her own best friend couldn't even face her? Where could he be? She had looked everywhere and there was no sign of the wizard.

It was now the last class of the day, day four without River; might I emphasize. Lola was located near the window. She looked into the distance too preoccupied with her thoughts to listen to any of the lesson, focusing her vision on a blurry figure too far away to be perceptible but as they moved against a tree, then she could perfectly see. River Graham. She didn't even bother to tell the professor, she just stormed out hearing the vacant yells of an annoyed professor behind her. Upon reaching River she noticed how he was getting ready to leave when he saw her running in his direction. His expression went blank, his hand flexing with nervousness (((can't stop thinking about Mr. Darcy's hand flex plz lord have mercy lmao, I'm not even religious but-))), as he was about to turn the other way Lola reached out his arm.

"Please..." she begged her eyes becoming teary.

He could barely look at her, he stared at the ground trying to gain enough confidence to speak.

"I'm sorry I can't bear to lose you" he manage to whisper with tears forming in his eyes.

"what are you talking about? you have been cold towards me for a week and then disappeared after we kissed" he scrunched his face hearing her words "was i that bad?" Lola frowned.

"you were perfect and that's the problem."

"the problem? please enlighten me. I'm beyond confused right now, River."

"I haven't stopped thinking about kissing you ever since. I know that's so wrong of me, I don't wanna ruin our friendship I just needed a break to" he deeply exhaled and continued: "recover... if you could please just forget it ever happened, we could go back to how we were-" Lola stopped his rambling by crashing her lips against his, and it felt just as magical as the first time, only this time it was rougher. Lola became more bold, slightly pushing River's back against the tree, making an effort to stay on tippy toes since River towered over her. But the boy quickly reversed the roles pushing her harshly against the tree to which caused a breathy moan to escape Lola's lips during the kiss, this allowed River to enter his tongue in her open mouth, the contact making a foreigner feeling erupt inside her. She had no idea about anything other than the fact that she enjoyed every second of it. They broke the kiss because they surely needed to breath after all that, leaving two very confused best friends trying to catch their breathe.

"I'm-" River attempted to voice his rushing thoughts but Lola quickly interrupted him.

"I liked our kiss." her face was so rosy and adorable River couldn't look away. "Both." she added.

"I could kiss you forever..." he whispered enchanted by the angel standing before him.

"so why don't you?" she tempted him and it took no time for him to oblige.

🍓

That kiss wasn't the last, oh no, it was only the beginning. The entire week after was spent with a lot, i want to highlight once more, A LOT of kissing. Of course with all the public displays of affection, rumors were being spread all week throughout the entire school. Quite ridiculous really, but sometimes it was funny. It typically something along the lines of: