✿ chapter 2 ✿

🍒 🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒

It was late at night once they reached Hogwarts. Lola had fallen asleep on River's shoulder sometime after the dementor incident happened. And she was now quite grumpy to say the least, due to pure exhaustion being that the little time she slept wasn't nearly enough as she hoped, which was very typical of her, to wake up in a bad mood that is.

"UGH!" She complained as River tried his very best to wake up his best friend "just 5 more minutes" Lola pleaded with her eyes still closed.

"We are here, Lola, c'mon wake up before we lose house points or worse, we go back to the station"

This obviously wasn't enough to convince her as she was more asleep than awake by that point. River let out a long desperate sigh and decided the only way he was going to get her out of that train was by carrying her and so he did. Perhaps most people would find it embarrassing but nor River nor Lola cared in the slightest. They had each other and that's really all that mattered to them. Just as River was grabbing her small body the compartment door opened with the older man from earlier standing on the other side. A concerned look appeared on his face as he saw Lola's motionless body resting in River's arms.

"Is she alright? What happened?" He inquired, his voice sounding even more worried than the expression on his scarred face.

"Oh everything is okay, she just fell asleep" River answered with a soft smile.

The stranger's anxiety seemed to leave the expression on his face that was now replaced with confusion "Why would u not wake her up then?"

"I tried, but she isn't very easy to wake up" River's chuckles echoed in the small compartment and the man let out a few himself as he looked down at the blonde witch, he tried his very best not to stare for too long or else he was sure he would not be able to look away.

"Oh that's quite alright then! We better get going before the train parts" The man assured and River nodded, subsequently following the man out of the train.

The silence was broken soon after as the tall man spoke: "I'm Professor Remus Lupin by the way, I'm gonna be filling in the spot for defense against the dark arts, this, in case you were confused to why a stranger is mysteriously following you to Hogwarts" Remus chuckled awkwardly.

"I was wondering, yes, but that's great news we were in desperate need of a new professor given the circumstances." River's warm laughs sounded through the cold autumn air as he remembered the disastrous last year with lockhart.

"So I've heard... I'm hopeful the same will not happen with me" as Remus deep laughs filled the empty nigh, so enthralling to Lola it was almost out of this world, she who was beginning to wake up from her slumber. They had reached the carriages at last and a small yawn took Remus by surprise making his laugh stop abruptly. Her eyes slowly opening and in that moment he was sure that she was an angel, there was absolutely no way that was a mere human laying before him, every aspect of her so beautiful it hurt, oh how it hurt Remus being so sure he would never have her. She had finally awaken fully and looked around spotting River, the carriages, and lastly the handsome man from the train. Bright red rose to her cheeks, noticing how he was seeing her being held by her best friend and god knows how long he saw her in this state. Yes, earlier I've stated Lola wouldn't care but given this man was causing this strange feeling in her stomach, perhaps butterflies or angry famished rats, she wasn't sure what it was but ever since, she seemed to care about everything that ever crossed his mind.

Lola jumped from River's arms, letting out an awkward cough, "I'm sorry" she said almost inaudible.

"it's okay, Lola" her best friend patted her forearm softly knowing how much she appreciates being reassured with soft pats and forehead kisses.

Remus of course caught the action and wondered if they were dating. Not that hasn't crossed his mind before but with that last interaction it left him almost certain they were, yet he hoped not. He felt revolted with himself for hoping such thing, there was no way they could ever be together, so why did he care if she was dating this boy. He shouldn't but he couldn't help the heavy feeling in his heart. Remus quickly excused himself, attempting to bury those feelings. He went near the other professors to focus on something other than soft blonde hair and rosy cheeks. Meanwhile Lola and River hopped on the carriage in silence.

During the ride Lola broke the silence looking into the deep dark woods ahead of her: "Who was he?"

River looked up at her with furrowed eyebrows, "New DADA professor, well needed might i add, he seems cool. Hopefully we will actually learn something from him."

Lola just nodded and looked down shyly. She was so very excited with these news, now knowing she wasn't just going to see him in her dreams but possibly nearly every day for the rest of the school year. Her heart was beating so loud she was sure River could hear it, in fact she was even more certain he had in fact heard it after voicing his following question: "Are you interested in him?" his expression seemed curious and a little something else Lola couldn't quite point out.

"I- um..." Lola despised lying more than anything so this was incredibly difficult for her, "I don't know what you're talking about." She fidgeted with her fingers not daring to look at the boy sitting before her.

River let out a deep laugh "Merlin, you are the absolute worst liar"

Her face grew red and she looked identical to tinkerbell. River almost smiled remembering showing her the film: peter pan a few years prior and quickly becoming one of her favorites, after that all the times she forced him to rewatch it with her, but he enjoyed it every single time, seeing her so happy.

"You know I hate lying and I don't know why you insist on making fun of me for it! ANYWAYS, this is seriously none of your business so drop it." she spoke angrily raising her voice by the end.

He really couldn't take her serious when she was mad she looked too cute, but he let out a sigh upon hearing her words. He was far too used to her mood changes so it was nothing new to him, he was also used to them getting much more severe than this, to the point sometimes it got very scary for him. Oh yes, only because you don't expect the cutest girl in the bloody world to turn into a raging demon. It was definitely far scarier seeing an angel disguised as a devil, being difficult for you to wrap your head around the idea that something so beautiful and pure could turn into something so ugly and vile in the matter of seconds. He loved her even if she was the devil and he knew he would love her forever.

"You are my best friend, I thought how you feel was of my business, my bad" he dropped his head feeling defeated.

"Then don't. I'm allowed to have my privacy." She completed and left the carriage quickly once they arrived leaving River behind. He left soon after, and followed her maintaining his distance not wanting to make her angrier.

The rest of the day went by extremely slowly, River was yearning for Lola and Lola was feeling guilty for having blown things out of proportion once again. But while the dinner occurred and her eyes met the new defense against the dark arts professor, she completely forgot about her fight with River.

Remus Lupin the name staining her mind with permanent ink and she loved the way his name was spelled so intricately. She hoped he would consciously write beautiful love letters in her mind one day... yes, one day he would.

🍒 🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒🍓🍒

sooo i haven't read the harry potter books i just wanna put that out there, but i have watched the movies~ if stuff doesn't align u already know but it might also b purposely ! anyways !! comment & vote to let me know if u enjoy it/want more frequent updates 💗