9. Liams blood-status

It's been 2 weeks since Zayn met Colt and they didn't talk about adopting him again. Liam's hip is better so is his ankle which means he's back on his auror duties but his hands are still healing which means he still doesn't do much.

Zayn does most of the cooking these days because he doesn't want Liam's wrapping to get wet. No matter how much Liam protests, he doesn't budge. They've been closer now, whenever Zayn is cooking Liam is with him in the kitchen and they'd talk about their days

They go to work together, part of it is because Zayn is worried about Liam's hip because it still hurts him sometimes but other part mainly because they genuinely enjoy their time together. Yes they still scream 'I hate you' to one another but it's just for laughs

But a lot of people are shocked at how close they are. They'd walk into meetings together, back up the other during an argument, get each other coffee, work on projects together, anything really.

Today, Zayn was quietly stirring the pasta and Liam was sitting on the kitchen island when the doorbell rang.

Liam hopped off of the counter and walked towards the door while Zayn stayed in the kitchen

He opened the door and furrowed his brows "Sasha..."

"Hi Liam"

"How did you know I live here?"

"I was walking by the other day and I saw you"

"Oh... how can I help you?"

"Can I talk to you about something? I feel like you need to know it"

Liam nodded slowly, he secretly casted a spell to see her intentions but let her in when he saw that they were pure. They walked into the living room

"One second, I need to talk to Zayn"

She nodded and Liam walked towards Zayn

"Zaynie"

"Hmm?"

"Remember that woman from the wedding"

Zayn rolled his eyes "There were loads of them"

Liam huffed "Sasha"

"Yeah?"

"She's here... and she wants to talk to me"

Zayn stopped and turned to Liam "Liam-"

"Her intentions are pure..."

"If you need anything call me"

Liam smiled and nodded, he walked into the living room and sat beside her

"Listen darling... what I'm telling you, I promise I have no intentions of hurting you"

Liam smiled "I know"

She giggled "right wizard" Liam nodded  "I'm just going to say it... your mum is a pure blood"

Liam shook his head "no she isn't. She's half-blood"

She shook her head "your mum is a pure-blood Liam, so is your father... you're half-blood"

"What you're saying makes no sense, if both of my parents are pure-bloods I should be pure-blood too"

"Liam... your mum isn't your mum"

"What are you saying?"

Sasha sighed "During the first war... your mum joined Voldemort, that was before she met your father because he was in the order of the phoenix"

"No. Mum was in the order too, she went against him and fought for my father"

"Liam... your mum has her dark mark carved out, that's why you never see it. She has it covered with a rose tattoo"

Liam furrowed his brows then his eyes widened, his mum had her rose tattoo exactly where Draco's dark Mark was.

"That's why she's a Slytherin... she's a pure blood" Sasha nodded "How am I a half-blood then, it's written in the ministry that I am. Did they get it wrong?"

Sasha shook her head "No... they got it right"

"How? You aren't making any sense!"

"When your mother went against Voldemort to help you father, he cursed her, she'll never be able to have her own children... ever"

"But I- what about me? Am I theirs at all?" Liam asked, the confusion clear on his face

She chuckled and shook her head "Your father is your father but your mum isn't your birth mum"

"O-oh?"

"I had to tell you, I am so sorry..."

"Who's my birth mum then? Is it you?"

She shook her head "A friend of mine, but she died while giving birth to you"

"How did you find out then?"

"I was there to support her. She had a diary that I read after she died. That's when I found out about wizards, Voldemort, and how she was... muggle-born as you say?"

Liam nodded "yes..."

"When I heard the last name Payne... I had to see if it was you"

"I guess it is..."

She sighed "I'm sorry about telling you this so suddenly Liam"

"No it's ok... I guess it's nice to know the truth about myself"

She smiled and nodded, they both got up and he led her out, she said goodbye and walked away. Liam walked into the kitchen and Zayn looked at him

"Are you ok?"

Liam shrugs "she was telling the truth..."

"Are you sure?"

Liam nodded "I put a truth telling spell on her"

Zayn nodded "Do you want to talk about it?"

Liam shook his head "I want dinner... then just sleep"

"I still need to change your knuckle wraps"

Liam nods "I know..."

~~~~~

Zayn and Liam were in Liam's room, he was disinfecting Liam's knuckles and for the first time in a while, they were quiet. Liam seemed out of it and Zayn didn't want to make him any sadder

"Sorry..." Liam mumbled "I ruined dinner, and-"

Zayn shook his head and put Liam's hand down "Don't apologize." Liam nodded and looked down at his wrapped hands "You didn't do anything" Liam nodded "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know... I'm pretty sure you heard what she said"

"I don't want to know what she said, I want to know what you're feeling"

"Confused... why they never told me, or why I was always blamed for being a Hufflepuff... I mean I love it, I feel like I belong there more than anywhere else. But why did they lie?"

Zayn shrugged "I wish I can give you answers"

Liam sighed "I know... but only they can give it to me"

Zayn nodded "Can I help you with ANYTHING?"

Liam chuckled "cuddle me?"

Zayn froze, he rubbed the back of his neck and met Liam's eyes "Do you actually want to or are you joking?"

Liam sat quietly for a minute before he smiled "I want too"