Eight

When it's these 3 speaking in dialogue:
Jisung, Mrs Han, Mr Han

TW//: This chapter contains graphic descriptions of violence with the inclusion of blood, threats, mentions of execution and poor living conditions, and being malnourished.

————————— 🗒 —————————

Yes, they abuse you on purpose.

18:37

Mr and Mrs Han had landed back in Korea late that afternoon, the day after the events at the park. Minho knew the time they'd be arriving at the house, and so after serving up Jisung his lunch, the boy had disappeared out of sight. It saddened the younger when he couldn't find him, since it would be their last afternoon alone in each other's company, but after half an hour of searching high and low for Minho, Jisung packed it in and drove to Hyunjin's. Thus leaving the hybrid till 5 o'clock to make sure the house was pristine for his master and mistress' return.

Pulling up into the family car park, Jisung stepped out his personal white Porsche, flicking down his sunglasses as the sun hit his eyelids. Noting that his parent's travel car was parked up alongside him, the brunette skipped into the house to greet his mum and dad.

Coincidentally they were waiting for his arrival in the entrance hall, small, disguising smiles pressed on their lips.

"Mum, Dad, you're back!" Jisung caught his mum in a hug, who quickly dropped her stuff act. "How was the trip?"

"Business as usual," was his dad's gruff response. That meant he didn't want to talk much about it, which Jisung could forgive.

"Dinner should be set out by now," Mrs Han observed, encouraging the group of them to migrate towards the dining room. They all took their designated seats where the respected meal was placed. Mr and Mrs Han would never allow Minho to bring it out to them whilst they were there. It had to be before, so he could be out of sight by the time they came in. On occasions Jisung would catch a glimpse of a brushed white tail whipping around the corner, but nothing more.

From the second they touched the seats, Jisung's parents were off on a heated discussion, their typical work rants and debates about the lastest trips. So much for not wanting to talk about 'business as usual.'

Picking at his food, the brunette's mind trailed away to preoccupy itself with a bundle of questions and worries. Naturally coming to him, the query of 'catcuck' plagued his thoughts. Whatever could the word mean? It was picking away at Jisung's subconscious, but because he'd never heard the term anywhere before, not even on tv, not even online, not even at school, he couldn't even begin to wonder what its meaning could be.

His distress must have shown in his face (and be concerning enough to actually attract his parent's attention) because Mrs Han halted the exchanged with her husband to ask "Jisung, are you alright?"

A few moments passed before the aforementioned spoke, and he just kind of blurted out the thing that was bothering his wits. "What's a catcuck?"

Lifting his head Jisung made eye contact with his mum, only to be met with the women looking the utmost horrified. His dad was no better, with a face like thunder he was glaring at his son as if the words that had left his lips were condemning someone to death.