So, what now?

Image credit @octiolus on Instagram

 A/N 

hey guys! Author here. This is my first ever story. I am really addicted to duskwood and our beloved hacker Jake so I thought I might as well lol.

This story is mostly reader (female) pov. If you have any suggestions, advice, etc. please feel free to let me know in the comments I will really appreciate it :)

I will try my best not to put any spoilers and focus on a completely fictional story. And I will also put Tw (trigger warnings) before and after any segment that I think might offend people.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

We had done it! We had finally found Hannah! I was so beyond happy in the moment that I couldn't even express it. After months and months of constantly trying to find her, I had done it! We had done it! 

5 months ago, I was randomly added by a number, I didn't think much of it, though. And in this moment, look at me, what adding that number brought to me — It brought me happiness, it brought to me the people that I love and those who love me. I had everything I could ever dream of in the moment. Yet, something was still missing.. Someone, rather. As my mind started to wander on about him, I heard a notification go off on my phone. There was only one person it could be and only one person I wanted it to be

Jake.

His contact name flashed on my phone screen, making me automatically smile.

Jake

Hi :)

Those little smiley's he uses — they always manage to make my heart flutter. I don't know why they have this affect on me but who am I to complain.

Hey

How are you?

How is everyone holding up?

Emotional

Hannah is resting rn, everyone else also. 

They are all exhausted, which is understood :)

Thomas is up tho, he is sitting with Hannah.

That's good to know

Why aren't you resting? Aren't you tired?

I will rest later

Don't feel like it right now

Jake?

Yes?

I miss you

 I wish you were here right now with everyone, with me..

I wish you could see Hannah, I wish I could see you

He took a minute to respond and in that one minute, my anxiety sky rocketed. Million thoughts ran through my head. Did I say something wrong? Did I cross the line? Did I make him feel uncomfortable? I shouldn't have said that... How could I be so stupid to think he'd miss me- But my train of thought was cut of by the ping of a message from him.

I miss you too

My heart fluttered at his response, I miss you too rung in my head in the voice that I imagined to be his. I wished he would say that to me face- to- face . . . I wished I could see him someday.