Who are you?

Image credit @Monika de Sousa (freelancer) on ARTSTATION.

A/N Hello beautiful people. Nothing to say today. Hope you enjoy the chapter <3

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Oh my god, you are awake!" I exclaimed, looking at Hannah.

"I am awake but who the hell are you?" she asked frantically, probably scared out of her mind.

"I am Y/N and this is Jake." I explained. "You know, for a second I thought you lost your memory but then I figured that you haven't seen our faces." I added and we all let out a hearty chuckle.

"I know Jake but who are you?" she asked confused.

A confused look crossed over my face. "You don't know me?" I asked.

"No..?" she replied still confused.

"We'll talk about this later then, I guess, you need to recover first." I said, deciding that wasn't the time.

"I'll go call the doctor. Give me a second." I said walking out of the door to find a doctor. I soon spotted one and told them that Hannah woke up and we made our way to Hannah's room. She examined her and told us everything we needed to know. By this time, Thomas was back as well and we were all seated on either side of Hannah's hospital bed on the stools provided.

"So, are you gonna tell me who you are?"

I sighed. "You didn't send me that number?" Thomas asked Hannah.

"What number?" Hannah asked confusion visible on her face.

"I'll tell." I told them both, putting up a hand motioning them to stop. They nodded.

"5 months ago, I received a message from an unknown number..."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"So you were the one who actually did work to find me?" She snickered teasingly.

Jake chuckled and put his hands up. "Well... I don't think it would have been possible without me but if it's Y/N taking the praise, I don't mind." He laughed. 

"Everybody did their best Hannah." I chuckled punching Jake's arm lightly.

"Of course." Hannah giggled.

"But who sent me Y/N's number then?" Thomas asked.

"Uhh... I might have done that..." Jake said nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

Me and Thomas passed him a confused look, basically telling him to continue.

A/N This is just a theory. I don't actually know who sent MC's number and why. "I knew with the situation that I was in, I couldn't completely help find Hannah or earn you guys' trust. I had known a great detective. His name was D/N." My eyes widened at the name.

"You knew dad?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah, I worked with him a few times. I decided to send Thomas his number but what I didn't know was that you were now using that number. I knew him well so I decided to trust you and see how it goes. To be completely honest, my gut told me to trust you. And all I can say is that my gut didn't disappoint me." He revealed.

"Wow," I was too baffled to form anymore words that those.

"I mean it does kinda make sense... why would I send you someone's number instead of telling you important information?" Hannah stated as a matter of fact.

"True." Thomas replied. "Okay, but I think now you should rest." Thomas commented, slightly caressing Hannah's head lovingly. I smiled at them. They are definitely in love.

"Let's go?" Jake asked me and I nodded as we walked out. "Y/N, you should really sleep. You look tired which makes sense considering you haven't slept in the last 30-something hours." I simply nodded agreeing because I knew he was right. "You should too. You travelled far, you must be tired as well" He simply hummed as I shot Thomas a quick text stating we were going home and will be back later. The others had also met Hannah and had gone by that point as we all decided to take turns staying here as it was a big hassle.

We reached the parking lot and got in Jake's car as I didn't have one considering I didn't live in Duskwood.

I was just looking out the window, admiring the view when I felt a slight a weight on my thigh, slightly above my knee. I looked down to see Jake's hand placed on my thigh. I looked back up at him as he passed me a glance, a small smile tugging his lips. Seeing him smile, a small smile grazed my lips for some reason..

Oh, who was I kidding? Certainly not myself. I knew I am absolutely smitten over this man. That is why the smallest of things he does, make me smile, make my heart melt. Oh boy, I am absolutely in love!

We finally reached the hotel I was staying at as I shot him a look that said 'really' and he just chuckled at me in response.

We got out of the car and headed to my room which I was now sharing with him because I insisted on him staying there when there were 'no rooms left' as Lily told me, winking. Jake rolled his eyes, passing us a look of 'you aren't slick' and we just giggled in response.

As soon as I reached the room, I immediately flopped myself on the soft bed, relaxing as soon as it hit me. I was already in comfortable clothing as I had changed before going to the hospital, knowing it would be long so I just curled up in the bed more, snuggling into the sheets. 

After a little while, I felt the bed dip behind me and a hand on my waist. Immediately realizing who it belonged to, I pushed back into him, taking in his warmth as his free hand went up to my hair, gently massaging my scalp and nose snuggled in the crook of my neck.

He planted a gentle kiss on my collarbone, "Go to sleep, love." I hummed in response as my eyes felt heavier and I drifted off to sleep.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

This chapter made me realize how extremely touch starved I am. But ANYHOW, if you are wondering in scenes like when Jake cuddled up to the MC or put his hand on their thigh; why he didn't ask for consent, I find consent absolutely amazing and hot but I just felt like the type of relation these two have, they wouldn't need to ask for consent in small, sweet gestures like these because they practically trust each other with their lives. I said gentle gestures because even though he put his hand on the MC's thigh, it was supposed to be in a comforting manner. Though he would definitely ask for permission for beyond that :)

I hope that cleared things :) Feel free to let me know if you have any questions :)

Just remember you are loved and worth it. I love you, you should too. Don't forget to drink water, eat food. You are beautiful inside out no matter what people say. I love you and you should love yourself as well because there is nothing more beautiful than self love. Everybody's definition of beautiful is different and yours should be you<3.Take care. Toodles~

Image credit @Monika de Sousa (freelancer) on ARTSTATION.